all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pull Up Bar

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

njrick1

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello all,

I am planing on starting the fighter pull up program.

I have door way pull up bar that is too short for me to hang with my legs straight for a proper hollow position so I have to bend my knees and put my feet behind me.

My question is, will this pull up bar suffice, or should I seek out a bar that is higher?

Thanks!

Just bodyweight pullups or weighted?
Be careful with weighted pullups on doorframe bars, because you could easily surpass the max load for the thing. Most of them aren't meant to support more than 220-265lbs.

sometimes you have to work with what you've got, even if its not optimal. I us a doorway pull up bar and i do make it work. One option that i like however is the L-sit or bent leg L-sit pull up, extra engagement in you abbies is the reward.

That's a good call, L sits are definitely something to work towards

Just bodyweight pullups or weighted?
Be careful with weighted pullups on doorframe bars, because you could easily surpass the max load for the thing. Most of them aren't meant to support more than 220-265lbs.

Good advice, mine has a limit of 300lbs fortunately, I weigh 190 so I have plenty of room should I decide to add weight in the future!

sometimes you have to work with what you've got, even if its not optimal. I us a doorway pull up bar and i do make it work. One option that i like however is the L-sit or bent leg L-sit pull up, extra engagement in you abbies is the reward.
completely agree with you man!

Maybe you should consider getting a stronger bar that you can place higher than your door if thats an option

something like these :
http://steelfitstrength.com/wp-content/uploads/Wall-Mount-Garage.web_-150x150.jpg
Wall Mounted Pull-Up Bar - AMMFitness
The Greatest Pull-Up Bars You Can Get Right Now | Men’s Health

have a look at them maybe they could be of help depending on your situation. could pick one of them from your local sports shop. I have one installed in my garage and dont seem to have any issues.

My suggestion: do L-Sit Pull Ups! You will have to start at a lower rep count but once you get good at L-Sit Pullups, the regular ones are a walk in the park.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom