all posts post new thread

Bodyweight pull up bar?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Masterofone

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi once again all,

I have a quick question, but I need to make sure this isnt a bad/unsafe idea. I used to be a big fan of doing exercise on yoga balls to keep the core engaged, the ball allowed movement and stabilizing muscles to functions well.

so I was wondering,

I would like to set up a pull up bar at home, my thoughts were to take a bar and hang this from rope or chain. Is there anything with such method that would make this set up unsafe/ undesirable for routine workouts?

Thank you

Sounds like a good idea with proper equipment and solid attach points.
Not sure what you are referring to with the yoga ball. I used to do squats on a swiss ball, which was/is a bad idea. Stir the pot with a swiss ball,good idea

Hello,

+1 @Don Fairbanks
This is a good idea if the bar can not get its way out of the "loops".

As it will move a little back and forth, it will force you to do smooth and controlled moves to minimize this pendulum move. Therefore this equipment may be a good option to get full tension pull up (core, glutes, etc...)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hi once again all,

I have a quick question, but I need to make sure this isnt a bad/unsafe idea. I used to be a big fan of doing exercise on yoga balls to keep the core engaged, the ball allowed movement and stabilizing muscles to functions well.

so I was wondering,

I would like to set up a pull up bar at home, my thoughts were to take a bar and hang this from rope or chain. Is there anything with such method that would make this set up unsafe/ undesirable for routine workouts?

Thank you
My favorite pullup bar, is a 1.5 inch diameter galvanized pipe hanging from two heavy chains in my garage. I placed threaded end caps on the pipe and re-inforced the rafter-joists where it's hanging. I didn't use screw eyes, but placed a doubled 2 x 4 over three roof joists(cross piece beneath rafters) to spread the load and wrapped the 1/8" thick alloy chain around the 2x4's. The pipe is attached to the chains with a U-bolt pipe hanger. Then when it's not being used, I can just swing it out of the way and hang it against wall with a bungee cord.

Steve Maxwell used to sell a center-attached suspended pull-up bar. I had one for a while. It was interesting to use.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom