all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pull-up Training Guide

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
Hi, has anyone tried this Pull-up Training Guide?
https://www.marines.mil/Portals/1/Docs/PullupTrainingGuide.pdf
It's stands for 3-5 training days per week (more is better according to the author), and practice Pull-up 3-5 times a day. Depending on current RM we have three protocols to chose, and we can mix them throughout the day, ladders, pyramids, and training sets. What is interesting is the total number of reps to be performed throughout the day. For example, if the RM is between 13-16 we have to collect 60-90 reps in a day. Of course, it's doable if we split those 3-5 mini sessions on a given day.
I'm wondering if someone follow the plan, or did something similar.
I started the plan from RM 13-16 and over a course of the week increased training set from 4 to 5. Yesterday, for instance, throughout the day I did 104 reps, in most cases performing training sets, that was 5/5 (reps/sets).
I will be grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks for sharing. This looks like a comprehensive GTG protocol. I like the idea of regressing the reps this much in order to accumulate volume, but each of any daily session is executed by sets of 5.

This is well beyond my recoverability capacity. This program is not in the “average” man territory .

Indeed I would like to ask you. How do you feel? :) can you recover and execute this 4-5 days a week?

At first I felt sore the next day when I did 50 reps in total, but then it became easier and after a week I was able to increase the training set from 4 to 5. I'm staying in the prescribed daily rep range vary the volume from day to day. I also mix protocols, for instance on a day I do ladders exclusively, the next day only straight sets, and on the day after both. If time allows I split daily reps throughout the day, but life is demanding opponent and sometimes I have to squeeze what's left into one session. I also mix the Pull-up variations, regular Pull-ups, Chin-ups, and Rope Pull-ups.

Today I have tried a NW style GTG, your program is inspiring though I could only follow NW…. Thanks for the informations.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom