all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pull ups testing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi everybody I want ask you for this:

i will have testing with max strict pull ups.
My Max without any specific pull ups training nowdays are 14-15 strict Nice pull ups with one second pause Up and Down.

I want to do 22 clean strict pull ups.When I do 22 then I need Only 2600 meter for my 12-minute run test.

my experience with training for testing with pull ups is like this if I push the saw quickly I overtrain espacially my shoulders and upper back

My meat program nowdays old good S&S @40kg Bell which for me is light medium weight for some time then I switch back to my A+A snatches @32-40kg Bell for fives.

My main reason why I want your advices :
Idont want train just pull ups for 5days or so like Fighter Pull Up program because I want do my meat training get ups swings/snatches 2-3times a week.

my plan is to do for the next 2-3 months pull ups during the day with GTG style for 5-7reps and every other day change total number of sets.

what works for you?

Appreciate
Best

Pat

GTG works well for this.
Alternatively you could train pull-ups maximum strength style. Low rep, heavy weight, 2 days / week.

Hi I wrote about this type of program its good program but you must do Only Fighter Pull Up and other training programs

Yeah I Really think thats IT Can be good program .

And Are you still do rucking with your A+A ?
Patrik...
I don't really do A+A, but if I did I would.
I only really ruck with any regularity and seriousness when I am preparing for an alpine climbing trip.

Hello,

This is a kind of GTG and works very well:

The more you already are able to do, the less it is efficient. But doing it, I still went from 20 to 30.

Regarding pull ups, once you get your max (test day), the strategy I have to maintain it is to cut off 5-6 reps but doing it daily. This is not taxing because you stay far from failure.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom