all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Pullup bar feedback....

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

crazycanuck

Level 9 Valued Member
Has anyone ever used a pullup bar like this? Looking for one specifically for a ceiling/joist mount or possibly a wall. This one mounts to "king studs" on the sides of a door frame, not between the side walls/trim of the door itself. Have a fairly unfinished room this could be an option on. Coincidentally this is one of the few fixed mounting ones I have come across so far that states that mounting hardware is included, and that you don't have to buy a separate kit (one I came across was an additional 50.00).

However, I was wondering about the bar shape on this one though....I imagine it is going to be a factor where one puts one's hands, and then consequently wrist angle. My removable previous door bar was straight and I have never seen a curved bar like this. Thanks

https://www.amazon.ca/Ultimate-Body...&keywords=beam+mounting+kit+pull+up+bar&psc=1

I have this (Rogue Jammer Pull-up Bar) for almost a month now and I'm very satisfied with it.
Super solid and strong construction.
Of course it depends on the wall you're mounting it to, but mine didn't even bend, made funny noises or whatelse when my father (220lbs) and I (210lbs) hung on it simultaneously.
It's a bit more expensive than other options. but it's first grade quality and I think you can get it cheaper if you wait for Rogue's black friday sale, which is only one month away.

Last edited:
@crazycanuck
This is a recent install in my courage corner from Titan Fitness, free prime shipping, $69 USD at time of purchase.

KIMG0371.JPG

I over installed, but that's what I do. It's rock solid, and I can finally do legit tactical pullups.

@crazycanuck
This is a recent install in my courage corner from Titan Fitness, free prime shipping, $69 USD at time of purchase.

View attachment 6707

I over installed, but that's what I do. It's rock solid, and I can finally do legit tactical pullups.

The wood is for extra security? I assume you attached these to studs with longer screws? I am sure I am going to "overinstall", falling from a removable doorway bar and breaking a hand is not something I want to repeat that is for sure.

The wood is for extra security? I assume you attached these to studs with longer screws? I am sure I am going to "overinstall", falling from a removable doorway bar and breaking a hand is not something I want to repeat that is for sure.
The wood is used to connect to additional studs for a solid install. The bar supports are installed 48" apart, and my wall studs are 16" on center. By using the wood, I connect to 4 wall studs instead of just 2. I"ll take some pics when I get a chance. Here are links to the videos that inspired my install.

I've got the same bar as @JonS. I like the feel, and I particular like that it hangs out away from the wall.

In my gym setup, there's a 1/2" sheet of plywood mounted over the studs, and the bar is mounted into that plywood. Its solid.

Hyperbolic Statement

Stating that a straight bar and pair of ring is ideally is over the top.

Kenny Croxdale
One man's ideal may not be another's but that doesn't make it "over the top," IMHO.

I have this $50 bar attached to the rafters in my basement: RAFTER MOUNT CHIN UP BAR - it came with hardware to mount it, but you did need to drill holes in the rafters yourself.

and also these $20 rings: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHPSXJM - I bought eyebolts at the hardware store for these.

If anyone's watched any of my YouTube videos, this is the bar and those are the rings I use.

I will agree with @Jak Nieuwenhuis to the extent that I have not found a need for anything else. A neutral grip option on a bar would be nice, but when I don't want a pullup or chinup grip, I just use my rings.

-S-

One man's ideal may not be another's but that doesn't make it "over the top," IMHO.

I have this $50 bar attached to the rafters in my basement: RAFTER MOUNT CHIN UP BAR - it came with hardware to mount it, but you did need to drill holes in the rafters yourself.

@Steve Freides
Looking to set up something similar in my basement. Dumb question. How high are your rafters? I haven't measured mine yet but looking them I'm worried I will either hit my head on another rafter if I mount it too high, or not be able to hang freely if it's too low (I'm 5'11").

Mount it too high and use a box to stand on. My rafters are 9’ to the bottom and I stand on a 12” box, perfect for bell on foot pulls

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom