all posts post new thread

Old Forum Pullups and S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NCmedic

Level 2 Valued Member
I decided to stop doing the ROP due to stability issues in my left shoulder. I've been doing S&S and KB arm bars to rehab my shoulder. Focusing on scapular stability has really improved my shoulder impingement. My shoulder felt great after only a couple of workouts with light TGUs,

I've been wanting to continue working on my pullups but I know there are not any in the S&S routine. I considered approaching pullups with a GTG mindset and do sets of 50% of my max throughout the day. How have others added pullups to the S&S routine? Was it worth it? Should I just focus on one thing at a time? My main priority is to achieve the Simple goal so that I can ensure my shoulder is stable, mobile, and strong enough to take on the ROP

Thanks,

Tyler

Tyler, if your doc clears you to do pullups with your shoulder, a little GTG will work. A very low volume because your grip can only take so much after S&S.

Pavel,

It's funny that you mention that. So the day that I posted this question, I decided to do a set of 5 pullups throughout the day. I ended up doing 15 pullups on Tuesday and 5 pullups on Wednesday. That nagging shoulder pain (possible impingement due to supraspinatus?) returned and was very frustrating. A week of S&S made a huge improvement and now the problem was returning. Here I was, blaming it on my OAP and TGUs and it may have been the pullups/ chinups all along...

The last time I went to the chiro he mentioned something about my left lat not activating effectively and this is possibly putting stress on my rotator cuff when I pull. I never feel pain during my workouts, it is always the next day or so. Now I need to figure out how to teach myself how to do pullups. I have not been to the chiro since, so maybe I'll speak to the PT there for advice on how to solve the problem. For now, I'm just focusing solely on S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom