all posts post new thread

Pursuit of My Happiness

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yesterday:
AM: 40min zone 1 run
PM: 30min zone 1 run

Today
6 Rounds (1 set each 30 seconds = 42 sets @ 21min total)
5x pushups @ 15# + band
5x pushups @ band
5x pushups
5x situps @ 15#
10x situps
2x pullups @ 15#
2x pullups

3 Rounds
200m sprint
full recovery

The added resistance made the unweighted sets feel really easy. Intend to work up the volume over the next few weeks and then increase the resistance.

The GTG worked well over the last couple weeks but the volume was too high. I think the next time I do GTG I will increase the resistance and do less volume. I've only ever done 3 weeks of GTG and then I start to get burnt out each time. I think I will only use GTG as a sandwich protocol with an initialization 2-3 week protocol and/or a 2-3 week peaking protocol. Perhaps higher volume/lower resistance if initial just to get the muscle memory and less volume/higher resistance for peaking.

Had a great training week!

Tuesday PM: Zone 4-5 tempo intervals

Wednesday PM: Zone 1 run
Thursday AM: Zone 2 run

Today AM:
8 Rounds (1 set each 30 seconds = 56 sets @ 28min total)
5x pushups @ 15# + band
5x pushups @ band
5x pushups
5x situps @ 15#
10x situps
2x pullups @ 15#
2x pullups

2 Rounds
200m sprint
full recovery

Today PM: Zone 4-5 tempo intervals

Bad week this week. Have been sick most of the week and not getting much sleep so I haven't been training this week until this morning. Unfortunately, I strained my opposite hamstring on a sprint today. I need to figure out what I'm doing that is creating this injury rich environment. Could be tightness, could be low hamstring strength, could be lots of things I suppose but it's a problem none the less.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom