all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pushup program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Reckon you could run that Breaking Muscle program on alternate days or would that be too much?

Has anyone tried the 8 week pushup program in Breaking Muscle?

I was thinking of giving it a try and wanted to see if anyone here has done something like it. Do you think it would be too much to also include inverted rows following the same format for equal reps?

Thanks.
There's a program that runs pretty close to the Breaking Muscle program from the original Military athlete Army Fitness Test Program. It runs off of doing 100 push ups three days a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday you do as many push ups as possible. Once you hit failure you do 5-10 every minute on the minute until you hit 100. If you max out at 47 you would rest for a minute or so and knock out 5-10 EMOM until you hit 100 with the last round being the last 3 or so reps.

These are no BS push ups, not head nods and not hitting parallel. I would roll up a towel and go until my chest hit it and go back up. After 4-6 weeks I would take the first few days of the week off and test my max and I would usually put 10-15 reps onto my max and lost zero strength with max pressing. I usually put on some upper body size as well. Important thing to do as well was 3-5 sets of max pull ups and TRX rows for balance. This plan worked great for maxing out my Navy Fitness Test scores and I needed next to no space to do this.

There was an old Marine pull up program that had a pull up program with 3 sets of max push ups done daily. Get out of bed, do max push ups. Go to the rest room, do max push ups. And finally, brush your teeth, complete your last set of max push ups. I'd usually end up doing 80-100 reps in the first few minutes of my day, just don't do the push ups on the floor of a Male Navy head, not very sanitary.

There was an old Marine pull up program that had a pull up program with 3 sets of max push ups done daily. Get out of bed, do max push ups. Go to the rest room, do max push ups. And finally, brush your teeth, complete your last set of max push ups. I'd usually end up doing 80-100 reps in the first few minutes of my day, just don't do the push ups on the floor of a Male Navy head, not very sanitary.
Doesn't it the Armstrong Pull-up Program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom