all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Pushups on fins

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

D-Rock

Level 5 Valued Member
Does anybody have experience with "pushups on fins"? I was reminded of them when reviewing The Naked Warrior recently.

My weakness and lack of flexibility in this area makes me think this is a vulnerable range of motion and something worth strengthening.

I was doing something similar, the wrist pushups from Christopher Sommer. My wrists were really tender at first so I had to start on the knees and put almost no weight on it. Eventually it got better and I was able to do full pushups. I also noticed that my left wrist, which used to get sore a lot, no longer bothered me.

Hello,

@the hansenator
is it considered like a "proper push up exercise", or just something that we use to stretch ?

In the first option, is not it a bit risky on the long-term ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Here's the version I was working on. I don't think there should be long term concerns since it's a staple with a number of gymnasts.

I was going to use them to build some range of motion and strength, then maybe occasionally maintain.

Thank you for the report @the hansenator ! I will most likely be starting where you used to be at, so may take a long time to progress.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom