all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pushups - Plan 015

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
015 is always 10 x 10 of each exercise. I do not know if hypertrophy is less pronounced with 5/4's in 033 and the snatch only 044.

I'm using plan 015 with the 10 reps to build up my pushups and am only up to 5 sets.

Even with just that, 50 swings and 50 pushups in 15 minutes is quite a pump.

I'm seeing growth in arms, shoulders and back.

Is it still okay to do some easy strength lifts after doing plan 015 like with other Q&D protocols?

Is it still okay to do some easy strength lifts after doing plan 015 like with other Q&D protocols?
I was wondering how it affects Deadlift session the same day. So far I follow Q&D 033 and have noticed no issue with DL, but 015 is a little different. It is 100 reps of Swing, while the easiest day in 033 has only 40 reps.

Last edited:
I was wondering how it affects Deadlift session the same day. So far I follow Q&D 033 and have noticed no issue with DL, but 015 is a little different. It is 100 reps of Swing, while the easiest day in 033 has only 40 reps.
In the article below, Pavel offers "Deadlift only after the Q&D sessions with lower volume, 40 or 60 reps of swings or snatches"

I'd be more inclined to DL on a non-Q+D day or substitute a DL day for one Q+D day but you would certainly be warmed up after 100 swings.

I'm using plan 015 with the 10 reps to build up my pushups and am only up to 5 sets.

Even with just that, 50 swings and 50 pushups in 15 minutes is quite a pump.

I'm seeing growth in arms, shoulders and back.

Did you do power pushups?
What about the chest?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom