all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D 033 and additional Push-up set

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
I'm just wondering, would it be good to add sets of Push-ups to the Q&D plan 033, but not around the session of swings and power push-ups. Rather later the day or on alternative day? One or two sets of 70-80% RM, or maybe GTG style, or focus on strength and perform One-Arm Push-up?

Some days I will drop the swings entirely and just do push up variations. 015 has you doing 10 every 3 minutes, so sometimes I would go 10 on the :60 , :45 , or :30. Sometimes I would pause at top and bottom, with power in between. Sometimes 6-7-8-9-10, on the minute, for 10 rounds, (400) or 10X10 on the minute, then 30 x 10 on the :75, also 400.

I mostly ran plan 015.

Last edited:
Performed on the same day as 033 were done or alternative?

Here are some examples -
Swings 5/4 + Push Ups 5/4 x 3 + Push ups 5/4 x 3
Snatch 5/4 + Swing 5/4 + Push ups 5/4 x5-6
Session 1 Press Ups 5/4 x5 -8 Session 2 Swings + Push ups x 2-3
Random amount of swings / snatches + Push ups 5/4 x 5-8
Push ups only.

As you can see I don't adhere too strictly to Q&D but I love the 5/4 especially for press ups.

As @Ian V mentioned, the 5/4 format works like magic. I dropped the 1H swings when I was rehabbing a minor arm issue, but was able to do 5 power push ups on the :30 for 20 sets, so a bit over 9:30 mins. total time. Like the regular5/4 except strung together. Pretty sure this format brought my KB presses up a bit, even during rehab.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom