all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D, A+A, and Plan 015

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
I've reread the Q&D, and I would like to know how to connect Plan 015 with Q&D/A+A?

I understand that the very best approach to Q&D is to practice it 3 times a week for 12 weeks. Than, as stated in the book, "A very effective strategy to take after first 12-week run of Q&D is alternating six-week phases of Q&D and A+A". But there is one thing that I do not know how and when to implement it into the Q&D/A+A routine, "For a couple of months, switch to the most streamlined version of Q&D, (...) Plan 015" ?

... how to connect Plan 015 with Q&D/A+A?

Interesting question...
"The choices are yours to make. Per Russian poet Yuri Levitansky: Each chooses for himself..."

One choice:
12 weeks of Q&D, 3x/week for mitochondrial biogenesis
6 weeks of A&A 2 - 4x/week for mitochondrial respiration
8 weeks of 015: 4/5x a week for building quality mass
Then repeat if happy with results...

Interesting question...
"The choices are yours to make. Per Russian poet Yuri Levitansky: Each chooses for himself..."

One choice:
12 weeks of Q&D, 3x/week for mitochondrial biogenesis
6 weeks of A&A 2 - 4x/week for mitochondrial respiration
8 weeks of 015: 4/5x a week for building quality mass
Then repeat if happy with results...
Looks good. Bookmarked.

Is plan 015 mainly for hypertrophy? What exactly are the benefits?

I have read the book and have done q+d three times. I am always curious about 015 but can’t quite gather more than I “should put on some mass”.

Is plan 015 mainly for hypertrophy? What exactly are the benefits?

I have read the book and have done q+d three times. I am always curious about 015 but can’t quite gather more than I “should put on some mass”.
According to the book, yes, but I haven't tested it yet, so the best way would be to give it a try.

I love the look of 015 but that old part of my brain just gets skeptical of mass with no pushing to failure, no squats, chins, etc.... Hard to pull the trigger on it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom