all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D as a stand alone

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CMHoward

Level 6 Valued Member
After 6 weeks of running Q&D as a stand alone program...40kg, 3xs per week using the dice cycling protocol I thought I'd post some thoughts.
1. Seems to work...on a lark I thought I'd see if not doing any TGUs for 1.5 would set me back. Nope...not a bit.
2. Swing strength definitely up as well as duration. Swinging a 24kg for 90-120 seconds isn't terribly challenging any longer.
3. Push ups...knocking out 60 in 60 seconds is a breeze.
4. Pull ups- no loss whatsoever...5 reps with a 32kg kb is where I was.
To summarize...yes it works as a stand alone.

Very cool. I just finished my 4th Q&D workout. I plan on running it for 3 months, and it will be my only strength work in that time (though I am running a lot as well). I'm excited to see how things go.

Are you going to switch up programs now? Stay on it? Up weight? Have any goals or hypotheses to test?

Just started Q&D as a stand-alone routine. Needed a change from S&S (2.0) after doing it steadily last few years. Loving the change of pace and doing snatches. Will see what results/WTHEs come.

Very cool. I just finished my 4th Q&D workout. I plan on running it for 3 months, and it will be my only strength work in that time (though I am running a lot as well). I'm excited to see how things go.

Are you going to switch up programs now? Stay on it? Up weight? Have any goals or hypotheses to test?
Yeah...give it 12 weeks per the book then switch to the snatch protocol with dips instead of push ups.
Regarding weight, I doubt it because the 40kg is enough for now. TGUs with it are still a challenge and I'm approaching 60, so I have to be smarter...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom