all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D as LISS cardio and fat loss?

It's actually not bad... I modified the rest time from the article to 2min to make math easier (4on:2off)

I did 5rds (30min) yesterday and it was fine, I usually do OS resets during that 2min off

How many times have you done it?

Something can be novel the first time, but the 10th time.....

How many times have you done it?

Something can be novel the first time, but the 10th time.....
Over the last 5 weeks, I've completed it 6 sessions... I've gone as low as 18min and gone as high as 54 min

I do it once a week after my c&p and dbl front sqt session

@KCCollins
I stopped jogging for similar reasons and now use a jumprope and traditional Tabata HIIT for my cardio.

Typically I make 10 intervals instead of 8 since I don't believe I quite hit 170% VO2 max, but is still only 3 and third minutes of active wear and tear, 2 or 3 times a week. Its had a positive effect on my blood pressure, resting heart rate, body comp, recovery speed.

It is darn unpleasant mentally compared to an easy trot, but over quickly.

I’m going to do alternating ruck one day for an hour at 45lbs and the next day Q&D for 30 mins, followed by kettlebell curls, skull crushers and pull-ups. To my mind this should hit it all

@KCCollins
I stopped jogging for similar reasons and now use a jumprope and traditional Tabata HIIT for my cardio.

Typically I make 10 intervals instead of 8 since I don't believe I quite hit 170% VO2 max, but is still only 3 and third minutes of active wear and tear, 2 or 3 times a week. Its had a positive effect on my blood pressure, resting heart rate, body comp, recovery speed.

It is darn unpleasant mentally compared to an easy trot, but over quickly.
I haven’t been running as much lately and have been using your HIIT jumprope routine. I dig it!

Let me know how it worked helping to pin down your LISS capacity! You being something of an aerobic beast, am very curious what you see after using it for a few.
My goal is to always be 1/2 marathon ready. So far it seems to be holding up with minimal running. Ballistics, jumprope, speed ladder drills and minimal running (basically when i can commute with it or the wife and i have a chance of going together). I’ve also been running with my kids on their bikes so i guess that counts. My idea is that this will help me maintain a decent level of my aerobic capacity. I had been running it for a couple of weeks prior to my last 1/2 marathon trail race. I actually overdid it one day and went into the race with very sore calves and feet (i jumprope barefoot too). All that rambling to say that I’m still in the early stages, but see the merits of it already.

Back
Top Bottom