all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D Everyday?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PhiSpear

Level 4 Valued Member
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I know there are diminishing returns, but has anyone done Q&D everyday for a week or two? Any time interesting results?

BTW - Q&D 2-3 times a week helped me cut 7 minutes off my 5k without having to do any jogging for training.

I think it could work given the natural variation of the roll. I doubt you'd get injured or overly sore. But I do believe it would be marginal gains for actual power. Maybe it's better to add some strength training instead?

I think that you could pull off daily or near daily Q&D training but you would have to keep your rounds brief, probably in the 3-4 range. I don't think it would matter whether you're doing 2/10 or 4/5. One way to work it would be to have a snatch only day followed by a swing and push up day. Sort of the way weight lifters train the snatch and the clean and press by alternating days and keeping the volume and intensity a bit lower. I've toyed with the same thing but would need a break after 3 straight days, more for hand care than anything else.

So, after my 6-week experience on Q+D - here's how I would approach it.

I would start at first just running Q+D as written for the first 6 weeks. start out with 4/5 and 2 or 3 series for the first couple weeks and run the program after that welcoming full load. Then, after that, I would start out with an alternating low volume day for a couple of weeks.

I would start with alternate light days 2 series day

Day of the weekLoad and set/reps
Sunday2 Series - 4/5
Mondaydice roll
Tuesday 2 Series - 4/5
Wednesdaydice roll
Thursday2 Series - 4/5
Fridaydice roll
SaturdayRest

So, only after running this for a couple of weeks, then step up to open up to dice rolling 10/2 and higher loads on those light days for a couple of weeks before accepting any load every day, especially if you're not varying the daily schedule.

phase in the additional load over time and take note of recovery and performance.

also, as mentioned "victor protocol" is also an option for more frequent work.

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I know there are diminishing returns, but has anyone done Q&D everyday for a week or two? Any time interesting results?

BTW - Q&D 2-3 times a week helped me cut 7 minutes off my 5k without having to do any jogging for training.
So I tried doing Q&D everyday several times. After the 3rd day in a row I needed at least two days off. This happened three times. Didn’t feel great either and my sleep and HR was negatively impacted. No surprise for anyone here. Also came across some Sprint Interval Training research that indicates no additional benefits beyond three days a week as Pavel indicated.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom