all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
No lifting. Had a morning at the beach, than had a noon part to go to and didn't had time to lift before. After 1 liter of beer and 5 shots (various) I some how didn't it is a day to lift... When I was weaker with a few kg more I could easily drink another 0.5 a liter and feeling better... I guess this is the cost of strength... Just makes Saxon's strength even more impressive :)

Daily singles bent press - day 7/ cycle 3B - evening
Movement prep

Some "club" work with an empty wine bottle
OS resets
SOS get-up @20kg x 1 + 1 ,@16kg x 1 + 1
Brettzel bent arm-bar @BU 8kg x 3 + 3
Goblet squats @24kg x 5
Leopard crawl x 10m + 5m

Practice

Bent press @32kg x 16 x 1

Two handed swing @40kg x 4 x 5
  • THS volume: Deliberately keeping volume down for now. Working on rooting throughout and alignment at the top.

[Addition:]
Bouldering - evening
First time I went bouldering. Did some V0 and V1, V2 failed at the top. Grip is not good enough, technique and vision far from adequate. I did used my body management skills pretty well, basically I leopard crawled my way up. Finally found a big hole in m armor :). Good thing I did a THS today and not OHS, saved some grip for climbing...

Last edited:
Morning prep

Some OS resets

Daily singles bent press - day 1/ cycle 4B - evening
Movement prep

OS resets
SOS get-up @16kg x 2 + 2
Goblet squats @24kg x 5
Leopard crawl x 10m + 5m

Practice

Bent press @36kg x 4 x 1

Snatch @16kg x 8 x 5
  • I started using Push band to measure power output on swings and snatches. I used it in the past for squats and stopped cause it seemed I put more emphasis on the numbers than on technique. I use it now just to see how my feeling correlate to real world data. So far it seems correlated. Those light over-speed-eccentric snatches produce tons of power. My session average today was 1600W, yesterday heavy THS averaged at 400W. The push band has some issues with rep counting of the setup/down (sucks at deadlifts) and sometimes add a rep to the count, but for average data it seems fine. Anyway, it is data collection only for now.

Morning prep

Some OS resets

Daily singles bent press - day 2/ cycle 4B - evening
Movement prep

OS resets
SOS get-up @16kg x 2 + 2
Goblet squats @24kg x 5
Leopard crawl x 10m + 5m

Practice

Bent press @36kg x 6 x 1

One handed swing @24kg x 6 x 5

Morning
Prep

OS resets

Practice - climbing
Went bouldering this morning. Did mostly V0 and V1, failed at the top at the same V2 as Saturday. Failed some V1 that I finished last time, I think that it is because I tried them tired and my grip was fatigued when I started them. I was alone and had no technical and moral support, and because I was alone I rushed the first climb too much and took almost no rest at the beginning. Signed up for 4 session bouldering course in December.

Beach volleyball practice - evening
Windy 1:30 hrs. Control and transition drills.

No lifting
The bouldering tapped me out and I wanted to save my strength for BVB practice. It is my main event...

Last edited:
Morning session
prep

OS resets

Practice
One handed swing @24kg x 6 x 5

Daily singles bent press - day 3/ cycle 4B - evening
Movement prep

OS resets
SOS get-up @16kg x 2 + 2
Goblet squats @24kg x 5
Leopard crawl x 10m + 5m

Practice

Bent press @36kg x 8 x 1

Snatch @16kg x 4 x 5

Morning prep

OS resets

Daily singles bent press - day 4/ cycle 4 - evening
Movement prep

OS resets
SOS get-up @16kg x 2 + 2
Goblet squats @24kg x 5
Cook @16kg

Practice

Bent press @36kg x 10 x 1

One handed swing @24kg x 8 x 5
  • Bent press: As usual, the 10 rep session is where I feel things snap into place... maybe it just psychological at this point... Every single was better than the previous one (and first was just fine). I adopted @Anna C's off leg glute activation suggestion to my mental framework (I use it a bit differently and initiating it from the heel ankle, but I think it gives the same effect with me), it was just the right sandpaper I needed to clean up my groove with the 36kg. This lift is sure neural demanding. Having many experienced online coaches is fun.
  • Bent press 2: Using the 36kg I now feel my hips and legs working in the lift. I always knew these work in OH lifting, but now I feel them well... can't cheat with hip tension and position with over 1/2 BW overhead.
  • Swings: These were crisp and begged to be snatched. Stopped after the most explosive set. Having a BVB tournament on Saturday making recovery a priority.

Family event. Just some OS throughout the day.

Morning prep

OS resets
two hands swing @32kg x 5

Beach volleyball tournament - morning / noon
Played bad. Out of flow, out of focus, out of sync with my partner. Great tournament though.
Helped with diconstrucion of the event at the end, took a loooong time. No lifting.

Morning session
Prep

OS resets
Cook @16kg

Practice
One hand swing @24kg x 10 x 5

Daily singles bent press - day 5/ cycle 4 - afternoon
Movement prep

OS resets
SOS get-up @16kg x 2 + 2
Goblet squats @24kg x 5

Practice

Bent press @36kg x 12 x 1

• Right side groove was missing a corner on some lifts.
  • I Think 36kg is more challenging to own the the 32kg was the first time around... but maybe I just remember the 32kg feels today...

Morning prep

OS resets
Cook @16kg

Than my daily schedule changed constantly... instead of lifting and playing I ended up drinking beer and eating sausages...

Morning prep

OS resets

Afternoon session
TGU @24kg x 3 x 1 + 1

Snatch @16kg x 6 x 5

Beach volleyball practice - evening
1:30 hrs, allot of ball control and sideouts. Many, many jumps.

Later that night some super light matches.

Bent pressing the 36kg
Last week was not lifting friendly, about 4-5 days off. While I feel I can lift it daily, it feels that it is to heavy to be ESS for now. With the 32kg I aimed to lift an hour - 1/2 hour before beach volleyball practices to carry with me that neural drive and sharpness. The 36kg is a good, demanding teacher. Just a bit to demanding for beach days, which are my main event. I know that because I thought allot on lifting schedule before the practice, so I just did some TGUs and snatches.

I do the smart thing and take a page from my own training after finishing a heavy bent press cycle (the first I had with the 32kg) that worked well for me. I change my lift to a two-hands anyhow with 28kg+12kg. More on that next post.

Last edited:
Morning session

OS resets

Afternoon
Part of long conversation I had with a friend last night, asking het "innocent" view about how to advance myself as a trainer and coach (she is also my movement/strength student) she told me that she would like to see more variation in training (she knows my S&S/B&S/ES/etc. view on the subject) I thought about being able to give people more same-but-different skills. Part of that was me purchasing the FMS introduction to club swinging online course. I watched the first part (correctives and functional pattern) and swung a couple of empty beer bottles all afternoon. That feels great.

Looking online to buy clubs I found a FMS representative here in Israel, they are not listed on the FMS site in anyway. Long story short, I am registering to a FMS I+II on January, I am already level I, but they do not offer only II, they don't charge allot extra, and it saves me trip costs to Europe.

Bent & Sinister
Programing

As mentioned, I'll start with a 28kg+12kg 2HA, reading about the 2HA it has a more suitable weight ratio than 28+16, and grooving the 16kg in my right arm was a bit tricky last time, so starting with 12kg is more logical.

Volume wise I'll take @Pavel Macek randomness for number of sets, or actually total singles in my case. 1 - 4 singles, 2, 3, 4 - 10 singles, 5, 6 - 16 singles (these are the end range and average values of Justa's daily singles I have used so far). No similar consecutive days. I'll swing and snatch the same as before - low volume to not interfere with recovery from BVB jumping.

Movement prep
Beer bottle club swinging - tall and half kneeling correctives, slams and swings.

Felt super prepped after this, and since prepping is a minimal dose thing...

Practice
2HA @28kg+12kg x 10 x 1
last 3 sets - another press of the 12kg with anchored 28kg

One-hand swing @24kg x 10 x 5

• 2HA: Easy. Smooth. Sharp. Actually takes some concentration not to cheat it - almost too light. I guess I learned some stuff working the 36kg. Good :). A year ago the 28kg was a fierce adversary that tapped me out. 12kg is good for the curl & press, working on grooving the right hand.
  • Swings: Felt really good and smooth, with fast turnarounds and long planks. Some sets were actually 7-8 reps, I just suddenly heard myself counting these...

Morning session

OS resets
Leopard crawls x 10m + 5m + 5m (F+B+F)

Noon session - at work
Tall and half kneeling club swinging (with beer bottles)

Bent & Sinister - afternoon
Movement prep

OS resets - head nods and rocks
Tall and half kneeling club work (with beer bottles)
Club slams and swings (with beer bottles)

Practice
Two-hands anyhow @28kg + 12kg x 4 x 1
Snatch @16kg x 4 x 5

• Recovery from yesterday swings: I swung hard, at about 9+ out of 10. Feeling my posterior chain and quads this morning made me remember a video where Pavel says you should be able to swings at all "volume" levels, but mostly around 7-8.
  • Snatch: I usually omit it from the log, but the 16kg snatch is always over-speed eccentric.
  • Snatch 2: I seemed to pick out some valuable cues from @The Nail training log.
Beach volleyball - evening/night
Some moderate-high level sets. Good movement. Need to regain better overall focus and, as usual, the timing of my approach. Overall - good session.

Morning session

OS resets

Bent & Sinister - evening
Movement prep

OS resets - head nods and rocks

Practice

Two-hands anyhow @28kg + 12kg x 10 x 1

One-hand swing @24kg x 10 x 5
Turned the volume knob down to 7 on most sets, some I couldn't help myself and was 8-9

Morning session

OS resets - long session - lots of frog rolls

Bent & Sinister - evening
Movement prep

Practice

Two-hands anyhow @28kg + 12kg x 2 x 2 , 2 x 1

One-hand swing @24kg x 6 x 5

• Club swinging prep: These are the corrective and functional pattern from FMS Introduction to club swinging video. They feel great and prepare me to movement in a really unique way. They also give me allot breathing practice. I assume that, at least to some extent, their big effect for me is due to novelty.
  • 2HA doubles: Not exactly 2HA doubles, I did a double bent press and curl & press on the second BtP rep. Tried it because they dice rolled on low volume day. Not very challenging physically, but the longer time make the staying in focus for the curl part more challenging. Due to longer TUT the recovery should be longer if used for more sets (did my normal recovery today).

Woke up late, so no OS.
Gave in my resignation latter from my day job. :cool:

Bent & Sinister - afternoon
Movement prep

Practice

Two-hands anyhow @28kg + 12kg x 10 x 1

Snatch @16kg x 6 x 5

[EDIT: Beach session added]
Beach volleyball - evening/night
About 7 sets at moderate-high level. Good movement, good connection with partners. Better focus than last time, still need some extra. Better approach than last time, still need much more work. My main goal is to improve my power hit game (hence all the approach comments) in order to make the block/defense commit and open the game back to technical shots.

[EDIT 2: Appropriate smiley face added]

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom