all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
350 partials. How are you liking those?
I like the hands & thighs lift teachings. It really makes me learn positioning and leverage on the setup to make the lift easy and the full body alignment such load demands at lockout.

The rest of your workload kind of exhausts me just reading it. Lol. Keep after it man!

Work capacity, like most things, is adaptive... I rarely let myself get exhausted, and that is only when bouldering, never while practicing. Learning to be efficient, to rest, and to accumulate over time paved the way for me... and to be goalless... sorta

Morning

OS stuff
Some squats

Hands & thighs lift @160kg x 9 x 1

Noon - beach
Qigong, knee deep in the water

Dands back home

Afternoon
OH dand progression

Total of 60m of loaded gate, GTG-ish
Waiter carry @28kg x 2 x 10m - BtP to OH
Double waiter carry @28kg+12kg x 4 x 10m - 2HA to OH (12kg press x 2) + FSQ after the carry

GTG-ish - reading Siddhartha in the hammock until I forget the last run

Last edited:
Morning - Pranayama session

I start getting the flow of the class and it helps me let go and concentrate on the breath exercises

Noon - bouldering
Sending the red V5 cave problem. Just some prep problems and sending it easy and smooth. Than some beer along with V4/5 work, not a good combination...

Afternoon
Hands & thighs lift @160kg x 11 x 1

~4:20 min of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x 6 : 12 hands​

Less miss timed swings and stops lead to a shorter session when I count hands, will be back to measure time only when stop-start phase is over... maybe...

Last edited:
Morning - beach

Beach volleyball session. Low-med level, bad flow.

Qigong - lying, sitting, standing in the water

Afternoon
Maintenance/prep

OS flows
Dands

Practice
Hands & thighs lift @160kg x 13 x 1

4:10 min of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x 6 : 12 hands - stop-start : non-stop

Notes
  • Hands & thighs lift: I'm back to smooth, accurate and precise setup that makes the lift smooth and easy. They way I perform the H&T is with a support at lockout. Not timed but looking left and right slowly, sometimes also up and down and that put the bar down. It serves both for time for support, ingraining proper shoulder girdle position and use (no arm pulling and shrugging) and that I can do useful support while staying engaged. The session took around 13 min gross, not timed but took a looked at the jam timer when I went out and back from the kitchen.
  • 8kg Gada: I'm getting use to the weight and back to trusting myself and being patient and fluid. That made the session by far the least taxing on the grip and breath.
  • 10-2s vs. 360s hands: Traditionally 10-2 hands are one swing over each shoulder, 360 hands are one circle, so time-wise a 10-2 hand is twice as long than 360 hand

Last edited:
Morning

OS flows
Club swings

Hands & thighs lift @160kg x 15 x 1

Noon - bouldering outdoors
My best outdoors climb to date, improved on V4 problems. Skin hurt allot after.

Morning - yoga class

All levels class

Noon
Club swings

Hands & thighs lift @164kg x 3 x 1

Noon - bouldering
Some light V0-V2 climbs, got pumped real fast...

Morning

OS flows
Squats

Hands & thighs lift @164kg x 5 x 1

Late morning - yard work
Building fences

Shouldered soilbag carry

Afternoon - yard work
Digging hole for herbs and vegetables. The soil in my yard is s*** so I had to dig a hole, sift the stones and junk and put it back with some compost... lots of hoe swings

Evening
OS resets
Squats
Lots of club swings

Morning

OS flows
Squats

Hands & thighs lift @164kg x 1 x 5 , 2 x 1 - The set of 5 with resets between lifts, pause at lockout only after first rep

Morning - more yard work
Expanding the vegetable garden, digging, sifting, filling

Morning

OS flows & squats

Hands & thighs lift @164kg x 9 x 1 - very short rest periods, almost as a cluster set with little longer rests from time to time, support for time at lockout on all lifts

Morning - yoga class
Experienced students class. My first time in the experienced class, same as all levels just with better flow

Noon - bouldering
Tired from yard work, just did some V0 - V3, failed a hard V4 problem (pink, small room left) but felt to tired to keep working on it.

Afternoon - early
Some Qigong, seated

Afternoon - late
Walking club swings

Gada swings @8kg - iTunes played the track badly so no time
360s x 4 x 6 : 12 hands​

Morning

OS stuff (lots of rocking)

Hands & thighs lift @164kg x 11 x 1

Qigong, seated

Afternoon - maintenance / prep
BB armbar @12kg x 3 + 3
Dands
Straddle sit press @16kg+12kg x 2 x (3 + 2 see-saw)

Waiter carry
@28kg x 4 x 10m + FSQ
@28kg + 12kg x 2 x 10m + FSQ
Done with long rest periods over around 30-40 minutes, 28kg to OH via bent press

Evening - Gada session
Walking club swings

~3:30 min of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x 3 : 18 hands​

3:29 is the time it takes to do 4 x 3:18 swings at 55 bpm, so everything was smooth with no miss swings, can probably move to timed non-stop only sessions.

Morning

OS stuff
squats

Hands & thighs lift @164kg x 15 x 1

Morning

OS stuff
Squats
Bethak @12kg x 5
SLDL @16kg x 5 - R only

Hands & thighs lift @168kg x 3 x 1

Noon - bouldering
V3s and V4/5 work

Afternoon
Maintenance

Dands

Waiter carry
@28kg x 2 x 10m + FSQ - to OH via BtP
@28kg x 2 x 10m + FSQ - to OH via BtP doubles

Bent press @28kg x 2 x 1

Gada
Walking club swings

~4:30 of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x ~1 min​

A couple a miss swings on the hand switch, other than that felt good for first full non-stop session.

G0379800.JPG
G0379801.JPG

Last edited:
Morning

OS stuff

Hands & thighs lift @168kg x 5 x 1

Noon
Built two clubs/baby Gadas from bamboo and concrete,need to get pomels.

Afternoon
Club swings

Morning

OS stuff
Some squats

Hands & thighs lift @168kg x 1 x 7 - reset between each rep

Qigong

Noon - bouldering
V4 work. Felt a little off center. While the set of 7 H&T was easy to perform it might was more difficult to recover from... Or maybe not enough food yesterday...

Afternoon
BB armbar @12kg x 3 + 3
Walking club swings

~4:30 min of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x ~1 min​

Last edited:
Morning

OS flows - rolling emphasis
Some squats

Hands & thighs lift @168kg x 11 x 1 - was suppose to bet 9 sets, was so (too much?) tranquil that I noticed it only when I setup for set 12

Noon - beach
Qigong

Throughout the afternoon
Dands
OA dand progression
Waiter carry @28kg x 2 x 10m
Bent press @28kg x 2 (R), 3 (L)
2HA @28kg + 12kg x 2 x (1 + FSQ)
Club swings

~4:30 min of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x ~1 min​

Morning

OS flows

Hands & thighs lift @168kg x 11 x 1

Qigong

Noon - bouldering
Black V3 cave problem, I took it too lightly and took to long to solve the top hold and got tired with no good reason. I do like my work on the cave roof, good technique, easy, calm. Than some V4 blue pinch problem work, my grip was too tired for the dirty small pinch holds and couldn't send it.

Afternoon - evening - maintenance
Dands

GTG-ish bent press
@28kg x 2 x 1
@32kg x 4 x 1​

Evening - Gada session
Club swings

5:00 min of Gada swings @8kg
360s x 4 x ~1 min - clearly I missed a switch and one set was longer

Good focus, felt smoother session than yesterday with less "grip tax".

• Heavy(ish) 360s: I think that 360s are a more complex swing than the 10-2s and in a way more advanced. This is more notable with heavier Gada than light. However, I do use because it teaches more patience, rhythm and control to do smoothly. When the Gada gets heavy enough maybe 360s will not be the way to learn, but by that time I would probably be proficient enough to start with 10-2s.

Morning - beach

Beach volleyball, low-med level sets. Felt tired and off. Had a really weak and stressed partner, I kept more calm than I used to but should strive for more. Apparently outside lookers thought I was very calm, but I know how I felt. Evidently I did not induced enough calmness to help my partner relax more.

Rest of day
Rest, very passively. First rest day in a long time.

The beer last night (just over 1 litter) didn't help... I lost all my drinking skills

Had a really weak and stressed partner, I kept more calm than I used to but should strive for more. Apparently outside lookers thought I was very calm, but I know how I felt. Evidently I did not induced enough calmness to help my partner relax more.

Hopefully your next teammate handles stress better, or this one learns that high levels of stress don't improve motor function.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom