all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Question about Pavels Books

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

if you have ETK is it worth purchasing Simple and Sinister?
S&S is an excellent "GPP" program. It includes strength, power and endurance. It is an daily / almost daily program.

It really depends on your goals, but in function of those, all books can be worth considering IMO.

Kind regards,

Pet'

if you have ETK is it worth purchasing Simple and Sinister?
On the one hand it does sort of depend upon you goals as some have already mentioned. On the other hand Pavels various works in my opinion are very interconnected, and if you want to see the bigger picture as well as the nuances, then it's probably worth the investment to get them all...

S&S is a kettlebell program, based on two moves. However the book contains information about stretching appropriate for S&S, as well as some important breathing techniques, and in my opinion some good philosophical information that is central to the StrongFirst view.

Hello,

Is Simple & Sinister just about kettle bells?
The core program is based on swings and get ups on a daily basis. However, it also contains stuff like goblet squats as warm up. Plus stretching as @offwidth said.

Otherwise, The Naked Warrior is bodyweight only.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Just my own opinion but some of the movement patterning and remedial drills in ETK are excellent and make a great place to start to learn the swing.

Equally the progressions and the other nuggets of wisdom around breathing etc from S+S are priceless.

I definitely get invaluable things from both books

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom