all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Question about this new minimalist program article - No time, no problem

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello!

This article is really intriguing to me, perfect for a busy dad with a lot of mileage.

I've been trying to find a way to program Geoff Nuepert's "strength shortcuts" in a way that incorporates a variety of exercises that I like. Could this work? The article says it's just temporary, but why couldn't it be a 4-6 week program with light-medium-heavy weeks? Or I wonder if it it could work well as 3-4 week reset after something like The Giant or DFW. Anyone have any thoughts on this? What type of results might one expect from this?
("One" being a 41-year old dad who boxes and has a lot of mileage and nagging injuries and not a lot of time).

Last edited:
Hi Anth, I am glad to hear you liked the article and find it helpful. That said, I do not think that this is a good "stand alone" long term solution for most people. For example, if you want to build muscle and get stronger you will likely need more volume than you can achieve in just a 15min session. Similarly, if you want to improve aerobic fitness you'll need to keep your heart rate up for more than just 15min for at least some of your sessions. Also note that I did no significant mobility work during this stretch, which is also not recommended long term.

If you like the idea of these shorter sessions for at least some of your training I might suggest a template where you do one or two longer sessions each week, and then a couple of these shorter sessions on other days. For example on the days you do boxing you could do a quick 15-20min session prior to putting your gloves on, and then pick one or two non-boxing days for some longer sessions.
Hello!

This article is really intriguing to me, perfect for a busy dad with a lot of mileage.

I've been trying to find a way to program Geoff Nuepert's "strength shortcuts" in a way that incorporates a variety of exercises that I like. Could this work? The article says it's just temporary, but why couldn't it be a 4-6 week program with light-medium-heavy weeks? Or I wonder if it it could work well as 3-4 week reset after something like The Giant or DFW. Anyone have any thoughts on this? What type of results might one expect from this?
("One" being a 41-year old dad who boxes and has a lot of mileage and nagging injuries and not a lot of time).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom