all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Question on periodication

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

alex88

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello comrades,

i read "you are your own gym" recently. The author suggests to combine linear periodization with daily undulating periodization. What is your opinion on the matter?

Do you favour linear periodization? Why?
Do you favour daily undulating periodization? Why
Or even a combination?

I myself mostly followed Pavels plans like GTG or ETK. Therefore I have little experience with this. Any advice would be happily accepted!

Hi Alex,

I would say that both can be good, it actually depends on what you want to achieve.

The important thing that should be remembered is that the stagnation or improvement in sequence methods is determined by the duration of a particular block, its cycle (mainly determined by the number of other cycles and their durations), and the interdependence between abilities.

If the number of abilities that should be developed is way too large, then even the shorter variant will not be enough to allow progression. If the number of abilities is 2–3, then longer variants may also be good. This is because the time between developing a particular ability is too small to induce stagnation or de-adaptation.

I came accross an interesting article on the subject, you can read it here if you want: Overview of Periodization Methods for Resistance Training

I hope it answers your question.

Talk soon,
Matt

@alex88, you've been following some of the best programs around - no reason to reinvent the wheel because you read a book, just keep doing what you're doing.

When and if you want to know more about program design, attend a PlanStrong workshop (if more are ever offered); when and if you feel need custom programming advice, hire one of our certified instructors to help you. If you have specific question, e.g., "I'm following xyz program, is abc lift for n reps and y sets OK to do on the off days?", that's the kind of thing you can ask about here.

JMO, YMMV.

-S-

Hello Matt,
thank you for the very insightful link. It really helped me understanding some principles and made me confident enough to try the programm of mark lauren. As is now clear to me, he uses short linear periodization followed by short daily undulating periodization very expertly.

Hello Steve, thank you for your inside. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but I finished my training cycle and after an honest look into my training lock I have to say that programms like etk or gtg are not helping my cause. Excluding direct core work seems to be my limiting factor. As I never directly trained my low back I want to gain some muscle there first. I think a programm written for muscle gain is a good starting point.

If I had the opportunity, I would gladly attend a plan strong workshop or meet an instructor. Unfortunalty I am from Germany. I am not living near a sfg. Therefore I need to solve things on my own.

Week A: 2× swings, 3x yayog (rather program from one of his dvds)
Week B: 3x swings, 2x yayog
It do not do this under any circumstances, but it is a guide line, which gives me a structure, time to recover and enough time for other things in life:)
Grüße from Germany!

That's a great suggestions steve, ....but I don't have access to any weights at the moment. That's why I use my own bodyweight.
By the way. Will there be any strongfirst bodyweight seminars in germany or europe in 2016?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom