all posts post new thread

Barbell Question regarding Plan Strong routines

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kettlebelephant

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey!
This might be a dumb question, but are the Plan Strong routines you can buy on the SF shop designed to be just single routines for the specific lift or as complete program.

What I mean is if you order for 3 lifts do you get 3 standalone routines (one for every lift without considering that you also do 2 other lifts) or do you get one routine that involves all 3 (accounting for the added total training volume created by using 3 lifts instead of just 1)?

@Kettlebelephant ....I have just completed Week 1 Day 4 of my Plan Strong program.
I ordered th 3 lift plan, (bench, squat and deadlift) and each day has a different training scenario utilizing some or all of the lifts. Yesterday was day 4, and was only deadlift.
When I look over the program that was created specifically for me, I can see that there was consideration for my specific weakness and strengths . (My bench is sad....:() The program does accout for the other lifts in that it has spacing to allow for rest days on one lift while continuing on with the others.
When I ever get around to starting my training log here online I'll try and describe it a little better.

So I suppose the short answer is yes, the Plan Strong program is a complete program that accounts for all the lifts.

Hope this helps....
Carl in Dover

Thanks Carl!
That answers my question completely.

Just a couple of minutes ago I finally pulled the trigger on a barbell for my homegym :) :)
The offer was just too good to pass. I'll need another 2 months to have enough money for the weight plates and flooring though. A DL/pullup/press Plan Strong routine is something I'm considering for sometime in the next year if I can afford it after buying the barbell set and paying for my trip to Italy to attend Strong Endurance.

Hey!
This might be a dumb question, but are the Plan Strong routines you can buy on the SF shop designed to be just single routines for the specific lift or as complete program.

What I mean is if you order for 3 lifts do you get 3 standalone routines (one for every lift without considering that you also do 2 other lifts) or do you get one routine that involves all 3 (accounting for the added total training volume created by using 3 lifts instead of just 1)?

Hi!
First of all, thank you for your interest on the Plan Strong Custom plans service.
Each plan is designed as a stand alone one for the specific lift. However, when more than one plan is purchased we provide one or more examples of templates that suggest how to combine the lifts in the sessions. And of course we remain at disposal of the user for any advice they'd need with regards to the plan(s).
I remain at your disposal if you have more questions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom