all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Questions about Chin-ups, and gtg.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Luigib

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello, I am currently able to do 3 chin-ups in a row, and wanted to know if I could apply the "Figther Pull-ups" plan for chin-ups? And at the same time of a program like that, practice push-ups, squats and bodyweight abs 3 × per week or is it better in gtg? Or just the pull-up program? Sincerely, Luigi Baumann.

Hello, I am currently able to do 3 chin-ups in a row, and wanted to know if I could apply the "Figther Pull-ups" plan for chin-ups? And at the same time of a program like that, practice push-ups, squats and bodyweight abs 3 × per week or is it better in gtg? Or just the pull-up program? Sincerely, Luigi Baumann.
I would recommend grease the groove. This would allow you to get allot of quality reps in and wouldn't push the envelope as much as the fighter pull up plan.

The fighter pull up program is great but it is a peaking program and ends up quite demanding, especially if your max is 3 pull ups.

Hello,

@Luigib
Welcome !

+1 @Adam R Mundorf I would do GTG to get 10 good reps as a max. From there, switching to something else.

For the rest of your routine, what is your goal ? Strength, endurance, etc... Do you have a specific training history ? Do you have injury ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello, thank you @Steve Freides and @Adam R Mundorf for all your answers and acceptance on the forum!

So, @Pet', yes I have been training in calesthenics for a little while using Paul Wade's CC, but I don't feel like I have made much progress .. And I discovered StrongFirst not long ago and I will participate in SFB and SFG trainings in France. And no injuries, no training with a certified coach, only working out by myself. And my goal is to work well and master pull-ups, and I also do squats, push-ups, knees hanging down, to bodyweight and variations of bridges and ATRs. My goal is strength and muscle mass. And so you advise me to only do GTG for Chin-ups? How long do I need to do GTG before retesting my maximum number of reps?
Sincerely, Luigi.

Bonjour, merci @Steve Freides et @Adam R Mundorf pour toutes vos réponses et acceptation sur le forum!
Alors, @pet' oui je m'entraîne en calhisténie depuis un petit moment en utilisant le CC de Paul Wade, mais je n'ai pas l'impression d'avoir beaucoup avancé .. Et j'ai découvert StrongFirst il n'y a pas longtemps et je vais participer à des formations SFB et SFG en France. Et pas de blessures, pas de formation avec un coach certifié, ne travaillez que seul. Et mon objectif est de bien travailler et de bien maîtriser les tractions et pour le reste, je fais des squats, des pompes, des genoux suspendus au poids du corps et des variantes de ponts et d'ATR. Mon objectif est la force et la masse musculaire. Et donc vous me conseillez de ne faire du GTG que pour les Chin-ups? Combien de temps dois-je faire GTG avant de retester mon nombre maximum de répétitions?
Sincèrement, Luigi.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Luigib, I have taken the liberty of adding an English translation to your French language post. Please post only in English on our forum so that others can understand what you've written.

Thanks.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom