all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Questions about the Naked Warrior Programme

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kozushi

Level 7 Valued Member
Hi. I will be following the Naked Warrior programme when I'm on my travels for a few months.

However, as I can't do a one armed pushup or one legged squat, what is my workout going to be like for a few weeks until I can do them - falling on my face twice or three times a day per arm (and the other beginning exercises in the book), and a few single legged box "pistols"??? Hahaha. Of course I'll do those to train up for the eventual proper NW workout, but until then, I can't imagine a few failed attempts at single armed pushups and single legged squats will really maintain my good shape.

I'm thinking of starting out with the basic programme being something like 100 two legged squats and 100 one LEGGED pushups (with TWO HANDS) done in sets of 5 reps with rests in between. This is my plan to replace my S&S workout while traveling. After these or maybe before these I'l do the progressions little by little to work up to the NW proper programme.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience to share with me about this??? I don't want to screw up and end up a big fat blob again. I want to keep my form, health, and fitness.

did you find the book? It has progressions in it so you can start wherever you are now and use learn to use the basic tension techniques while you progress to (and beyond) the basic OAPU and pistol. Best prevention of avoiding big fat blobness is watching what you eat...especially if you're going to do bodyweight and have to lift everything extra you put in haha

ps- if you don't have the book, you could start with the "one perfect pushup" blog by Karen Smith. Excellent article to get you going.

Step 1: get the book
Step 2: read it from cover to cover, pay attention
Step 3: follow the program and principles to the letter
Step 4: GET STRONG!
Step 5: report back

Kozushi,

I followed the program whilst travelling through Africa and the Middle East for several months last year. I also included handstand push ups once I had my one arm/one leg push ups down pat. the program can be a little frustrating at times as it takes time, but the rewards are there for the taking.

My advice is to attend an SFB course or Certification before you travel. The Cert builds upon what is in the naked warrior book and provides a few more progressions and regressions and also means that you have direct teaching to make sure you understand and can implement the techniques correctly during your training. I attended the cert after I had finished my travels and had I known the material taught I think I would have had a lot less frustration and plateaus with my bodyweight training had I attended it before my travels.

Step 1: get the book
Step 2: read it from cover to cover, pay attention
Step 3: follow the program and principles to the letter
Step 4: GET STRONG!
Step 5: report back

Yes, sir!

Ah, I just realized that one legged dive bombers are in the book, so it's a progression. Okay, I'm on the programme already then! Cool! I'm doing NW and S&S at the same time! :) FUN!!!

did you find the book? It has progressions in it so you can start wherever you are now and use learn to use the basic tension techniques while you progress to (and beyond) the basic OAPU and pistol. Best prevention of avoiding big fat blobness is watching what you eat...especially if you're going to do bodyweight and have to lift everything extra you put in haha

ps- if you don't have the book, you could start with the "one perfect pushup" blog by Karen Smith. Excellent article to get you going.
I do have the book, yes and I've studied most of it, but I do indeed have a bit more to study.

I've lost no weight after starting S&S but I am fit like a model now with no belly hanging out and with defined muscles and trim features. The change is dramatic and I eat just as much as ever!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom