all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Quick and Dead

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Well, this is a bit awkward isn't it?

I'll throw my hat in to break the tension. Has anyone received their book yet?

@IonRod, perhaps this shed some light on some of the references.

“Masters of Life and Death” —An Excerpt from The Quick and the Dead | StrongFirst

It's a link to a comment on the excerpt article that's been posted to our web site. Pavel discusses a couple of the references listed at the bottom of the article in reply to the above-linked comment.

-S-
Thank you, Steve. However, to make sure there wasn't some misunderstanding - I do NOT doubt Pavel's citations.

Since my second question about Q&D went unanswered and now I think it may have been due to this misunderstanding, I will reword it again - will the book describe which measurements were taken from individuals doing Q&D vs other protocols? This is not "exercise science", there are no complicated statistical calculations required for this. Simply, who was chosen for the tests, what protocols they were given to compare and which measurements improved. This doesn't need to take more than 2 pages or divulge proprietary information.

@Steve W., clearly the way I have expressed myself in this thread has not found favor with you. StrongFirst is a school and I am one of the several dozen members of the leadership of this school. We are instructors and instructors of instructors. We give instructions. My instructions for Q&D are: read the book, do the program, and perhaps then is an appropriate time to ask questions about the premise, but not before. And if you find it "dismissive" that a teacher teaches, I can't help you.

-S-

Folks, I have started a "megathread" in the Members Only section, intended for people who've read the book through and who want to ask questions and discuss. I have already moved several messages from this thread to that one and will continue to do so.

Thanks.

-S-

Perhaps this is not the best place to put this information, but I just bought and downloaded the Kindle version of the book to my kindle.

Christoph

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw a picture of Mike Sousa was use as a punching bag for Stefanka, and Pavel was smiling when he saw that. That explains why he is an "evil Russian" ROFLROFLROFL

This is the greatest book of Pavel, to me it's like the combination of PTTP pro, SnS and Easy Strength. All the best things of Pavel is in here: clear instructors about what to do and why, minimal exercises , dry sense of humors. ..Plus, tons of science papers ( never expect of that from him, i still believe unconditional to him like i believe to the Party) explain about the reasons behind the program.

The program is not suitable for beginner, and not for anyone who haven't built good foundation of strength.
I doubt that i could do the program effectively yet. But, it's a good read to open the mind. Highly recommend for everyone :)

Well, this is a bit awkward isn't it?

I'll throw my hat in to break the tension. Has anyone received their book yet?

I received mine this morning, I'm about 70 pages in so far, just absorbing what information I can. Very cool, not too dense on the scientific information, but definitely something you can read back over a few times to take in new insights.

Last edited:
Hello guys

I am from Russia. I have tried to buy Q&D Kindle edition. It looks like Amazon does not sell it to Russian users. Do you have any idea how to overcome this restriction?

Attachments

• 5511D570-6CC8-424D-8888-08F0C2B35769.png
    5511D570-6CC8-424D-8888-08F0C2B35769.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 12
Review: I got the book last night and finished it this morning.

Very happy. It's so much more than "here's the program, do this."

When the first pic was teased, my guess was 033, which i didn't fully understand buy had heard much about in articles and podcasts. Glad to understand now!

Huge appreciation for the articles, podcasts and this forum! While i didn't understand everything, i was able to put together a program that seemed to fit the principles, i liked doing and it felt productive. Turns out it was basically the 015 protocol.

Well worth the purchase. Good things all around, thank you!

Hello guys

I am from Russia. I have tried to buy Q&D Kindle edition. It looks like Amazon does not sell it to Russian users. Do you have any idea how to overcome this restriction?
@Dmitry,

Please visit our StrongFirst Russia page. Here is a direct link:

StrongFirst Russia

You may leave a message, and someone should be back in touch with you. If you have trouble getting an answer, please PM me here and we will continue the conversation that way.

Thank you.

-S-

Just got my copy of Q&D yesterday! So excited to have this resource. I love LEARNING all of the information in these books. I need to increase my strength base before moving to Q&D but looking forward to having this as a future goal.

My copy arrived in the mailbox (the physical one) this morning. Started reading it, but still working on S&S for the moment.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom