all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Quick and the Dead or Easy Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

njrick1

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello all,

I am having a difficult time choosing my next program.
The program will be rotated with S&S which I have been practicing successfully for years along with original strength.
The options are quick and the dead (power-focused) or easy strength style 40 day work out (strength-focused).
I am inclined to lean towards Q&D because it is simpler and I would not have to travel to the gym but the 40 day work out might suit my goals better, which are general in nature. This plan seems to be more general and traditional.
My goals are to feel good ( I simply enjoy training and how it makes me feel) and move well (stay injury free so I can lift, run and be active my entire life).

Essentially I am asking, how do the effects/benefits of these programs differ and which one will leave one feeling the most "fresh"?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Last edited:
I did the 40 day even easier strength plan about 8 years ago, I would have been 45 then. By the end of forty days, I felt good and definitely much stronger, but not fresh. Not like being on S&S.
I Have not done the Q&D but I would think you would feel much fresher with more energy on that plan, over 40 day easy strength.

I perform Easy Strength/Even Easier Strength usually twice a year, one of the objectives of the system is to leave the workout feeling better than you did when you started. That was the case the majority of the sessions with the exception of the 6x1 and occasionally the 5-3-2 days. I, too, have not performed Q&D so I cannot compare the two.

I did the 40 day even easier strength plan about 8 years ago, I would have been 45 then. By the end of forty days, I felt good and definitely much stronger, but not fresh. Not like being on S&S.
I Have not done the Q&D but I would think you would feel much fresher with more energy on that plan, over 40 day easy strength.

Good to know, I have never felt "fresher" on any other program than I have on S&S. It makes sense that Q&D would be most similar to S&S of the two. Plus Q&D is generally recommended to be done less times per week than Easy Strength.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom