all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Quick And The Dead

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brandon Trahan

Level 5 Valued Member
So i just Got the book. But I’m not really understanding the protocols. It seems more like a book explaining a way to train rather than laying out a type of workout to do.
For example:

10x10 swings and rest 3 min. Is that a workout? Lol sorry! I don’t understand all the lingo!

I have Met with an sfg instructor before and do know how to do kettlebell movements safety.

So i just Got the book. But I’m not really understanding the protocols. It seems more like a book explaining a way to train rather than laying out a type of workout to do.
OK. It's got explanations, but it's about a minimalist training protocol. Try following the program, come back with questions.

-S-

I’m not really understanding the protocols. It seems more like a book explaining a way to train rather than laying out a type of workout to do.

There are chapters with visual charts and verbal explanations of the protocols, laying out exactly what to do, literally second by second.

For example:

10x10 swings and rest 3 min. Is that a workout? Lol sorry! I don’t understand all the lingo!

I have Met with an sfg instructor before and do know how to do kettlebell movements safety.

Brandon, welcome to the forum!

Have you finished reading the book?

This is why i didnt Want to post publicly. People capitalizing and basically calling me stupid. Lol

Not at all, sir - genuine question.

The book explains:

- why's and how's about the rep schemes and rest periods
- different options for rep schemes and rest periods
- couple of time tested and reliable protocols for various exercises
- science behind the whole program
- etc. etc.

That is why I am asking. As a practitioner and teacher I have found all the information extremely interesting and useful, all my MMA fighters (including national/international level athletes) follow the program form the book with great results.

Haven’t finished. I’m just at parts where I’m not understanding the lingo.

Pavel writes in the specific parts of the book that you can skip some of the science and go directly to the protocols. However, to understand the reasoning behind the program, I sincerely recommend to come back to it - after practicing some of the protocols from the book for some time. I bet you will be amazed with the results.

Not at all, sir - genuine question.

The book explains:

- why's and how's about the rep schemes and rest periods
- different options for rep schemes and rest periods
- couple of time tested and reliable protocols for various exercises
- science behind the whole program
- etc. etc.

That is why I am asking. As a practitioner and teacher I have found all the information extremely interesting and useful, all my MMA fighters (including national/international level athletes) follow the program form the book with great results.
@Pavel Macek how often do you train your fighters with the program? I did it 6 days a week which was too much. Now I train it 2 days on and 1 day off. I am a combat athlete (mma) too

This is why i didnt Want to post publicly. People capitalizing and basically calling me stupid. Lol

Not at all. Make sure you look up the words you are reading that you dont fully understand. A lack of comprehension of the words will certainly interfere with your ability to understand the material and do the program. I havent looked at QD for a while but I know there is a ton of scientific words in the strong endurance protocols. Good luck

For example:

I found that after I programmed my first Q&D workout into an interval timer app on my phone (Impetus for Android, free and highly recommended), it clicked really easily.

I found that after I programmed my first Q&D workout into an interval timer app on my phone (Impetus for Android, free and highly recommended), it clicked really easily.

I did the same, but then as a ‘workout’ in my Garmin Watch. Made three versions: “5’s”, “10’s” and “alternating”. Works nicely too :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom