all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Quick routine check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

erperreault

Level 4 Valued Member
Where I’m at: I have enjoyed kettlebells for several years, periodically on and off of programs like S&S. I find it’s a nice complement to walking and biking. I prefer to train just twice a week for overall health and to maintain my strength. Typically I do kettlebells more in the winter and summer when I don’t want to exercise outside.

Goals: I’m not interested in pushing myself much, I am after a simple and repeatable routine to keep me strong. Recently I’ve added snatches and long cycle clean & jerk to my repertoire, and I want one training routine that incorporates those alongside swings. I have a knee injury so TGU are out of the picture, please don’t recommend them.

What I came up with: Every 2:00 do 5 reps left arm then 5 reps right arm. At 0:00 do swings, 2:00 LCCJ, 4:00 snatches. 6:00 swings, 8:00 LCCJ, 10:00 snatch, etc. Repeat this cycle 5 times for a total of 30:00 (150 reps, 50 of each lift). All with 24kg right now. It felt pretty good but I wonder if I should shift the rep or rest ratios since the lifts are not the same difficulty? Or maybe I should do 5x 2:00 cycles of swings, then 5 cycles of snatches, etc? I am aiming for maximum simplicity here while keeping all three lifts in my routine.

Or maybe I can ask another way, if you were putting together one repeated routine made up of swings, snatches, and LCCJ, what would the workout look like?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom