all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Quick simple routines

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gary W

Level 5 Valued Member
Recently ive been getting bored just doing simple and sinister so ive been mixing up my workouts, usually i do 2-3 kettlebell days a week keeping atleast 1 day S&S
Also currently training for a cycling event so doing 40 odd miles on the weekend cycling.

Ive been doing

Swing x 10 all sets
Pushup 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Ab roll 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

And really enjoing the variety

Any other similar routines out there that i can include?

Last edited:
Set a timer for 30 mins and do 5 reps every 3 minutes with a progression/weight that you normally can do 8-10 reps with:

Min 0: 5 reps (ring) dips
Min 3: 5 reps pullups
Min 6: 5 reps goblet squats

You end up with 50 dips, 50 pullups and 50 goblet squats. Decent volume and intensity for 30 mins

Recently ive been getting bored just doing simple and sinister so ive been mixing up my workouts, usually i do 2-3 kettlebell days a week keeping atleast 1 day S&S
Also currently training for a cycling event so doing 40 odd miles on the weekend cycling.

Ive been doing

Swing x 10 all sets
Pushup 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Ab roll 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

And really enjoing the variety

Any other similar routines out there that i can include?
If you are training for a cycling event... I would spend more time in the saddle

@Steve Freides
Mike Prevost has about 100 for a small donation to veterans in a thread you posted not long ago if I remember right.. can't find it though.

If you are training for a cycling event... I would spend more time in the saddle

Dont worry about the cycling, thats taken care off and not what i was asking for...

Thank you for the 100 workout link just what i was after!

DMPM

10-15 swings followed by

Push up
Goblet squat
Row

Descend the reps 5-4-3-2-1 on the strength moves and finish with a suitcase carry. All basic movements are covered, and it’s super flexible. Add to it, change the rep scheme, do it every day, or whenever. It’s what I do for maintenance during race season. Keep a KB with you and you can do it anywhere. I walk to the park, train and walk back.

About 10 years ago when I was doing a lot of boxing I used "Bas Rutten's MMA work-out" at home.
It's basically a mp3-file where Bas Rutten yells different boxing/thai boxing-combinations at you for 30min in sets of 2 or 3 min with 1 min rest.
If he yells "ONE!" that means a left jab.
"TWO!" means a jab and a straight right,
"THREE!" is a jab, a right straight and a left hook etc. Takes only about 2-3 sessions until you've learned them all, nothing happens if you get one wrong, just keep going.
What's great about it is that it's not shadow boxing in your own tempo, it's shadow boxing at Bas Rutten's tempo! :D
There's also one track where it's shadow boxing with knees and sprawls. That one is pretty sinister...

Just play the mp3 on your phone and do what Bas says, no equipment needed.
But you can also use a boxing bag, check out this video and you get the idea...

Set a timer for 30 mins and do 5 reps every 3 minutes with a progression/weight that you normally can do 8-10 reps with:

Min 0: 5 reps (ring) dips
Min 3: 5 reps pullups
Min 6: 5 reps goblet squats

You end up with 50 dips, 50 pullups and 50 goblet squats. Decent volume and intensity for 30 mins
If you only do one excercise every 3 minutes then how can you get to 50 reps in each?

Sorry, I must have been in a state of menatl derangement.
What I actually wanted to say:
You can use the 30min frame in quite some different ways, like:

Min 0: Pushing variation
Min 1: Pulling variation
Min 2: Squat variation

Or:
Min 0: Push
Min 3: Pull
Min 6: Squat

Or anything in between those two options.

Adjust that to the difficulty/intensity of the exercise.

Ive been kinda doing that except ive been doing swing push pull squat

Just missing the squat the day after a long ride depending how my legs feel

Most of Geoff Neupert's plans are 20-30 min long if you can find them. MKM, KM,Kettlebell Burn 2.0. You can find a lot of his stuff online for free if you look for it a bit. @Sauli gave you a great example.

Depending on how hard you're training on the other 2-3 days you could also do “Dry Fighting Weight”: Fat Loss Through Strength | StrongFirst . Plenty of folks here have liked it, but you'd want to watch for accumlating fatigue.

i like 100 reps push up, or 100 reps swing/ squat, or similar.
Never think that GN workouts are just 30 minutes, i spent 10 minutes laying on the floor after the heavy day of week 3 ended. The recovery time is long for me, i prefer something less demanding

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom