all posts post new thread

Kettlebell quite surprised, or the gold of the get up

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
How do you do that ?!
anyhow!?
Lots of simple and sinister in the past, lots of A+A snatches last year, lots of get ups since beginning of 2017. And an amazing WTH effect, to be able to curl the 32k up decently without training it. Bicep curl with a kettlebell...

@Harald Motz, yikes! I could elaborate with further expletives :).....

You place your same side leg quite far back and it remains far back until you bring it round for the lunge.....do you do that with regular weight or is that because it is especially heavy to give you greater leverage and same side hip engagement/drive? You are up on your toes too.....did you adopt that position consciously or did you find/discover it, so to speak, as the optimum position? As always, inspiring....bonkers but inspiring:)....nice woodland arch in the background!

71,7kg
I am quite pleased with this lift. I did a few of them today for the first time. My go to practice weight is the 50kg bell. The get up, the strongman mentor.

Super impressive!!! I'm hoping to knock out a TGU with The Beast in the near future. Seeing this is inspirational!!

You place your same side leg quite far back and it remains far back until you bring it round for the lunge.....do you do that with regular weight or is that because it is especially heavy to give you greater leverage and same side hip engagement/drive? You are up on your toes too.....did you adopt that position consciously or did you find/discover it, so to speak, as the optimum position?
with a regular weight, my get up looks more regular. When the weight gets really heavy, I like extend my other arm overhead, then rolling over the side is fairly easy. And with my bent leg I try to get my foot as close to the bell as possible to have better leverage and push through the balls of my foot and bring my extended arm towards my upper body simultaneously. The way of doing it is just an expression of my bad (body) English. The hardest part of the lift was from lunge to standing, a matter of stability and getting the hips under the bell.

Reactions: ali
Thanks @Harald Motz, yes makes sense. Well I can only imagine it makes sense under that kind of load! Guess with load beyond a certain point you'd have to adopt and experiment with position and leverage. I'd hire a crane!

71,7kg
I am quite pleased with this lift. I did a few of them today for the first time. My go to practice weight is the 50kg bell. The get up, the strongman mentor.

Impressive Harald!
I don't know, but the sunglasses plus you have that Zen vibe and the strength...you remind me of this guy from my childhood :) you just need to grow the beard ;)
12.jpg

Zen vibe and the strength
StrongFirst is the Zen School of Strength. What is taught in here is just this, nothing more but this. It is up to everyone to prove that this is wrong. But to prove that this is wrong, you have to practice just this, and over some time you get a grasp that just this is not so wrong and over time it is just right. Greasing the groove on just this. What is this? Maybe just a handful of seemingly trivial principals. Kettlebell Simple and Sinister is the Zen book of Strength. Now I better should stop musing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom