all posts post new thread

Nutrition Raw Eggs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
It's funny. Back in the old-time when our food was rare people eat raw eggs because they didn't want their neighbours/family figure out (and probably the eggs were stolen from them, too! ). The was a folk story that smart-a#@ kid used to use a chopstick to dig a small hole in the shell and suck out the egg; then put the empty egg back to its place

How many eggs a day?...... just, ahem, don't put them all in one basket.
Food variety as a garnish.
Sodium hydroxide farts to be considered.

A spanish omelette is a fine way to munch on a lot of eggs. You get yummy potatoes and caramelised onions too with a salad and a glass of red.

We bought a smoothie blender thing recently for my daughter. I'm not fussed by all the smoothie stuff other than you can make some quite tasty things......

My blend today....milk, banana, couple bits of pineapple, creatine and 2 raw eggs.

Very yum. Sort of souffle really. Thick, creamy and really yum.....and for nutrition.....well, covers a lot.

A new eggy delight.

More Egg Stuff
Do Whole Eggs Act Like Steroids?
More Surprising Reasons to Eat Egg Yolks
TC Luoma | February 7, 2021
Do Whole Eggs Act Like Steroids? | T Nation

What They Found

The whole egg group experienced the following benefits over the egg-white group:
  • Reduced body fat percentage
  • Increased lean body mass
  • Increased serum testosterone
  • Increased anaerobic power
The benefits might also have to do with egg-yolk related increases in mTOR, which is probably the most important cell-signaling complex for muscle growth. While this particular study didn't focus on mTOR, other egg studies have found that there's something about yolks that causes higher levels mTOR, and the higher the levels, the greater the synthesis of protein.

A pickled egg fan. Hello....you are my soulmate!
I've yet to meet anyone who likes pickled eggs. Thank you, I'm no longer weird.

In other egg news...

But not if pickled. Am I right?

I will read the study that this relates to at some point where no doubt it actually doesn't say this at all.
So eggs are the new coffee, which was the new wine, which was the new red meat, which was the new milk, which was the new butter....

I'm off to work. Hope to make it through the day. My chances of death today are very high already...

A pickled egg fan. Hello....you are my soulmate!
I've yet to meet anyone who likes pickled eggs. Thank you, I'm no longer weird.

In other egg news...

But not if pickled. Am I right?

I will read the study that this relates to at some point where no doubt it actually doesn't say this at all.
So eggs are the new coffee, which was the new wine, which was the new red meat, which was the new milk, which was the new butter....

I'm off to work. Hope to make it through the day. My chances of death today are very high already...
Pretty sure you can disregard any 'science' that crops up in the Daily Mail.

I used to eat raw eggs with soy sauce and rice when growing up, tamago kake gohan. It was my favorite. Sukiyaki is also great, you dip the meat in raw egg mixed with soy sauce. Mmmm.

I've done raw eggs for almost a few years now. No negative effects. Unless you count my doctor being concerned about my cholesterol, but that's another topic :) blood cholesterol does not equate to dietary intake, as others have mentioned.

Unless I missed it, no one mentioned that raw egg whites contain a protein called "avidin," which binds to biotin and prevents its absorbtion. If you're doing RAW eggs, its best to do just the yolks. Cooking denatures avidin, mitigating its effects on biotin.

This page has a list of studies that discuss this:

Do Whole Eggs Act Like Steroids?
More Surprising Reasons to Eat Egg Yolks
TC Luoma | February 7, 2021
Do Whole Eggs Act Like Steroids? | T Nation

What They Found

The whole egg group experienced the following benefits over the egg-white group:
  • Reduced body fat percentage
  • Increased lean body mass
  • Increased serum testosterone
  • Increased anaerobic power
The benefits might also have to do with egg-yolk related increases in mTOR, which is probably the most important cell-signaling complex for muscle growth. While this particular study didn't focus on mTOR, other egg studies have found that there's something about yolks that causes higher levels mTOR, and the higher the levels, the greater the synthesis of protein.
Are those RAW whole eggs? boiled? I tried to find the original article online but unfortunately is pay to read.

I eat eggs for my diet but I don't eat them raw. It just feels unsafe. But hey, if eating raw eggs is working for your taste and diet, then I don't think there's any reason not to do it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom