all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Re-grooving/rebuilding neural pathways in the glute?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
From my experience going up to 3x30 on glute bridges really helped. I had poor glute function on both sides but more on my left side so even though I did them with both feet on the ground I worked on evening out the left one by putting more weight on that side. It took a few months but worked.
If I am understanding you right, it got better when you were able to put more even pressure through both feet?

The foot pain is tied to what the hip muscles are doing. It’s surprising how many medical professionals look at me funny when I tell them that but the PRI guys where able to explain how it works.
Yes.

Good info from @Symanoy .

Having been through a movement disorder and having 95% rehabbed from it, I have a few thoughts.

You will likely need to find something that lets the overactive muscles shut off so that you can feel the under active muscles turn on. This may involve active release or massage therapy, for instance, which would allow you to relax. From a relaxed state, then you’d want to slowly and gently load and move the body such that you can feel what it’s like to move “correctly” (ie without whatever troubles you).

I have found tremendous benefit in feeling my weight in my feet for lower body/upright stuff, and in my hands for closed chain pushing. For the feet, you especially want to maintain pressure through the first metatarsal head (the bone just below your big toe), and I would (imo) recommend not clawing the floor with the your feet, as this can produce the opposite effect of pressing with the big toe and lifting the first met head.
I wonder if you were able to push more into the ground with your feet if your hips would start to work better.

I highly highly recommend looking up “David Grey Rehab.” His Instagram page is good, he has podcasts/YouTube, very affordable programs you can buy (which I will give my support to, having used them), AND…. He’s allll about hamstrings, feet and glutes!

If I am understanding you right, it got better when you were able to put more even pressure through both feet?
As I progressed, my left glute started firing better and I could even out the pressure on both feet without my right side taking over and doing most of the work. Not sure if it clarifies my previous statement.

At first when doing them my hamstrings tried to do all the work. Then I got my glutes to work but my right one activated better than the left. So I had to intentionally load my left side more to get it to even out with my right side at which point I was able to push evenly on both feet and get a similar amount of work on both glues. This all took a few months of work. This is also when higher reps really helped with feeling the muscles because of the lactic acid buildup. Low rep sets like in the S&S warm-up weren't enough.

Back
Top Bottom