all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Reading suggestion: Faleev's "Secrets of Strength Training"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Masangkay

Level 4 Valued Member
On the 5th page of responses of the original Faleev 80/20 article there is a link one of Faleev's later publications in Russian. I've been giving it a read while dusting off my Russian (picked up from my Russian first wife of 5 years :) ). I made it about a quarter of the way through yesterday while being reminded how difficult Russian is! I highly, highly recommend investing the time to work your way through this book - it will require a translation app if you don't speak Russian, but it's well worth it. Lots of examples of Russian "cast iron logic" from the author's thoughts on training as well as his reviews of some American strength authors of note, including Brooks Kubik and Stuart McRobert. There's a couple telling paragraphs in there that detail the major differences between the Russian and American psyche and how that can affect one's approach to all training. I haven't even made it to the training chapters yet but so far it's been a super interesting read!

Thanks for the recommendation and "where to find". It should be interesting to read his thoughts in the original.

Let me know if you get stuck, I might be able to help translate

I found these Secrets of Strength Training quite an effective topic and I would like to request you to please share more posts like this.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom