all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Real World Strength Weak Links

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Huh.

I never zercher carry odd objects over distance.

My default, since I was probably 12, is to heave it up on my shoulder -- bag of concrete, bale of hay, log, 2 x 4, another human, a bicycle, a big rock, deer carcasses, etc.

You can carry something a pretty long distance once you get it up on your shoulder. If you stop and switch sides every once in a while, you can go for miles.

Ha, actually you’re right. I misspoke about it being the method I often carry oddobjects but most recently I had to haul several of these 26 kg plates around town to move them to our public workout park and I found zercher style was the best way to carry them. Honestly, those are the last heavy things I’ve had to carry around for a while lol but, yes, most objects aren’t actually zerchered.

Ha, actually you’re right. I misspoke about it bring how I often carry oddobjects but most recently I had to haul these 26 kg plates around town to move them to our public workout park and I zerchered them. Honestly, those are the last heavy things I’ve had to carry around for a while lol but most objects aren’t actually zerchered.

Okay, now I have to ask who makes 26 kg plates.

My heaviest plates are 25 kg bumper plates (the red ones).

Okay, now I have to ask who makes 26 kg plates.

My heaviest plates are 25 kg bumper plates (the red ones).

They’re actually construction discs they use to hold poles in place. I train in a park in Paris, using a pipe as a barbell and these plates fit right on it. They’re just randomly all over the city and aren’t used specifically for weightlifting. If you look at my training log, you can see videos of me using them.

Another thing I noticed doing real world activities is the biceps often have to support pushing actions, and triceps support pulling - the exact opposite of how nearly all exercises function.

This being due to the arm working in a total unit rather than multi joint lined up either directly over/under the line of resistance.

Grip, core, heart and lungs. My experience is that the strength of the big muscles groups isn't usually the issue except for the aforementioned.

Not even in weak recruits.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom