all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Rear delt

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Great if we could see some unilateral movements, especially those that look different from one side to the other. If you’re not sure, video our go-to movements-as-screens, the getup and the one-armed swing.

-S-
I don’t do the getup. That’s the thing both the SFG and PT couldn’t see a difference. The PT and I are at a loss. I’m hoping to see my SFG before she retires.

@Mark Kidd, my suggestion is that you post videos of several different movements here, and let us all have a look and see if we can see a difference.

Have you had a movement screen? That would be a great place to start. If you did, did you get different scores on different sides for some things?

-S-

@Mark Kidd, my suggestion is that you post videos of several different movements here, and let us all have a look and see if we can see a difference.

Have you had a movement screen? That would be a great place to start. If you did, did you get different scores on different sides for some things?

-S-
Yes I did and nope. There were no differences. I appreciate the suggestion Steve but I don’t post videos of myself online due to my job. Thanks though.

You won't hear many complain, but you'll be surprised at how well the rear delt responds to a bit of isolation work - to me this is clear evidence it is underutilized. Overhead pressing barely recruits it, and swing/snatch movements tend to not hit it directly either.

The anterior and middle delt do the brunt of the work on most lifts, and even bent rows are more scapular than rear delt.

I agree. Face pulls and batwings have definitely helped my posture and shoulder stability. Both use very light weight but get results.

Should I do the row as a finisher or a variety day move in ROP? How would I program it?

Concerning face pulls, when I first started them I used no weight. I simply performed the motion with just my arms. I was doing it for posture. My rear deltoids were sore beyond belief. Eventually, I needed resistance.

The face pull is exactly what my PT wanted to see. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom