all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I don't know if I ever mentioned that I bought the "Kensui Fitness" pull-up handles (kensui = 'pull-ups' in Japanese fwiw) for the garage gym for Christmas. The lad and I are using them quite a bit and they are solid!

I have a pair of hooks that I use for power band deadlifts when travelling. A couple of rated load straps and my hooks yield a workable pull up system that packs down small.. . I was reminded of it by the Kensui handles.

Just bought a squat ramp to elevate my heels; cheaper than weightlifting shoes and I do the majority of work in zero drop, but I’ve been hurting recently and a lifted heel is letting me keep training whilst I try and regain some flexibility in my hamstrings

Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch

I like the rhythm games and minigames more than the main adventure game.

On my work from home days I do go for walks in the neighborhood on breaks from the computer, and will continue to walk outside. This is just a fun alternative, especially if I think a coworker might ping me on the team chat any minute.

I've been looking for a big strength implement, like maybe an old barrel full of dirt or a keg, but found a great sandbag at a great deal. I loaded it up with 220lbs of sand and was like, "I should be able to handle this, I throw heavyweights in grappling all the time." What a fool i was. All I could really do with it is break it from the ground a few times. So I took out about 70bs worth of sand and am now practising shouldering it from the ground.

And after the thread here, I assembled one of those Steve Justa "king of all exercises" weighted shovels and have been hoisting that into the air.

It's weird to be hoisting external implements again, but it's fun.

I've been looking for a big strength implement, like maybe an old barrel full of dirt or a keg, but found a great sandbag at a great deal. I loaded it up with 220lbs of sand and was like, "I should be able to handle this, I throw heavyweights in grappling all the time." What a fool i was. All I could really do with it is break it from the ground a few times. So I took out about 70bs worth of sand and am now practising shouldering it from the ground.
Around here in the winter months, a lot of stores sell 70lb "socks" of sand that people put in the back of pickups - they're like $10 or less I think. You can always throw 2 or three of those into an old Army surplus duffle bag for sandbag work or as a really heavy and uncomfortable ruck.

Not a recent purchase, but finally giving it a solid run. Green Protocol, specifically Capacity to start as I did not meet the 6 miles in under 60 minutes threshold. Just a few minutes short.

31LZA6P46JL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA138%2C445%2C290%2C400%2C400%2CAmazonEmberBold%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg

My 20kg KB just arrived. I am currently in Turkey and we don’t have many great alternatives except the last brand that I have ordered. Since I don’t see them competing with any brands including SF KBs I will comfortably recommend them to anyone living in Turkey.

Gymholix online store. Great product relative to other alternatives in Turkey.

The one on top is 20 kg gymholix, bottom is from the second best brand in the country kingbox.

No scratches, beefy handle (their 16 kg has the same width w their 20kg) solid painting.

I am happy.
Ps: I have pressed it immediately after I open the box. An example of a beginner who could only press a shaky 8kg improving his press through only TGU’s to not shaky 20 kg. Of course mostly due to fixing mobility and stability issues but just saying ;) No presses just TGUs :)

Attachments

• 67418E98-885A-427F-9C20-2EC7F7B0C000.jpeg
    67418E98-885A-427F-9C20-2EC7F7B0C000.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom