all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Will be placing an order today for some Darn Tough socks for rucking.
Those are the best socks you can get. I've been wearing them for the past 4-5 years and still love them as much as I did on the first day. Most pairs that I wear often (for work etc) last close to 2 years before I have to send them back for a warranty claim. The pairs I don't wear as often, I never had to send back and they are still in perfect condition, no stretching or loosening up.

Not a recent purchase, but finally giving it a solid run. Green Protocol, specifically Capacity to start as I did not meet the 6 miles in under 60 minutes threshold. Just a few minutes short.

31LZA6P46JL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA138%2C445%2C290%2C400%2C400%2CAmazonEmberBold%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg
This is the only one of the Tactical Barbell books I have not read yet. Will look into it soon.
As for other purchases, a much better dip attachments for my squat rack than the one I had before.

Never thought I would buy some of these, but now that I have some I like them. I have the first link. Ordered some XL's from the 2nd.

This is the only one of the Tactical Barbell books I have not read yet. Will look into it soon.
As for other purchases, a much better dip attachments for my squat rack than the one I had before.
This one is more program than programming unlike the others. There’s three different templates - Capacity (a modified Base Building) is the one I am currently following. The other two are to run 20 miles and ruck 20 miles with 50# respectively.

Not a purchase. I worked at a machine shop (now retired) and these slugs had microscopic cracks so they were scraped. I didn’t take them because then I would be stealing. At the end of the day someone put these by my car ( I park far away). Now I could not bring them back in the shop so I had to take them. They are 30lbs each +/- 4oz. They can not be machined at home as they are too hard.
Any thoughts what to do with them. I am too old and weak to ruck with them and my GoRuck 20#er should be here in the next couple of hours.
Thanks, Bill
A1E4CFDC-15AC-4EDC-B499-0C65E602BDAD.jpeg

Last edited:
@Bill Lets if you have a yard I would go out there and yeet those back and forth lol. Would be a super fun workout I think.

My wife got me a pair of Go Ruck Ballistic Trainers for V-Day. These things are a major upgrade on my No Bulls. One of those scenarios where I was happy and thought the NB were great until I got these. Super wide toe box, good drop and a well locking upper. If anyone is looking for new trainers, would recommend.

@Bill Lets if you have a yard I would go out there and yeet those back and forth lol. Would be a super fun workout I think.

My wife got me a pair of Go Ruck Ballistic Trainers for V-Day. These things are a major upgrade on my No Bulls. One of those scenarios where I was happy and thought the NB were great until I got these. Super wide toe box, good drop and a well locking upper. If anyone is looking for new trainers, would recommend.
I will likely buy some of those down the road. After Christmas I bought some of the Jedburgh Ruck Boots and have been using them as my daily footwear for about 2 months and couldn’t be happier. They are great for work, look good, and then I use them for walking and rucking without any worries. And they’ve been on sale for the whole year so far, my guess is they’re discontinued so get them now:

Purchase from late this past summer not perfect. Poor yard work I know. Wife passed away one year ago this month. The board thru Steve has expressed condolences. I’m good. Both are removable obviously.

View attachment 20610
Sorry for your loss Bill. Can you have someone weld a round bar between the cylinders and turn it into a 30+ lb. dumbbell? I had one of those cylinders sitting in my garage too, only a little smaller, maybe 10 lb. I've used it for a small anvil.

which kind are you getting? i have a couple of pairs. my family thinks i've gone off the deep end since i'm happy i only need to wash two pair of socks a week....
I think they are medium weight from the tactical series. Didn't care for the bright colors of the rest.

I got some gift cards for Christmas, and blew it on some DC Blocks that are very expensive and I never thought I would buy, but since it was money I wasn’t expecting I decided to splurge. I have been searching for a good way to use my crash pads for deadlifts to make them quieter since I lift at 5am. I was also looking for a good way to do pseudo rack pulls. Crash pads + double wide DC Blocks solve both of these problems.

The crash pads are just a hair too long to fit snugly on top of the DC Block so I cut a small strip from them, now they wedge in and don’t move when I’m using them and make my lifting much quieter.

31851E71-A8B5-4A0B-8331-A5928D75AAEF.jpeg
4021ACB1-3954-4DCC-8403-7124ABC66207.jpeg

Purchase from late this past summer not perfect. Poor yard work I know. Wife passed away one year ago this month. The board thru Steve has expressed condolences. I’m good. Both are removable obviously.

View attachment 20610
Hey Bill, how do you find the different angles for pullups? I've often wondered how comfortable this type of bar is to use, since you are stuck using a certain width if you want a certain angle, if that makes sense.

Hey Bill, how do you find the different angles for pullups?
Friend thank you for asking. The reality is I don’t use many of the grips. I mostly use neutral grip, supinated and pronated. I don’t like to place stress on the shoulder joint. An option is to use a straight bar with Kensui SWISSIES you can see them in this thread back just a few posts but the cost is about the same when purchased with a decent straight bar. The different angled attachment is from Titan, low price and free shipping. Also I can remove it when it rains or snows.
Make the gains,
Bill

Back
Top Bottom