all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Latest ebook:
"Kenneth Jay - Perfecting the Press: How to Maximize Your Performance in the Kettlebell Military Press"
Great book! Only 3€ on kindle. Lot's of details and specific drills, similar to the Victorious course.

Latest equipment
- "Altra Escalante Racer" running shoe for Slow Jogging with the technique I learned from The Lost Art of Running (Shane Benzie). I like them a lot so far (except that I don't like the look of the wide toe box).

And then I bought a 28, a 36 and 40 kg KB. Now I have bells from 8-40 kg in 4 kg increments. All bells from 12 kg either Wolverson Fitness Coloured Cast Iron or Kroon Cast Iron. Well, if only the 28 would be delivered :)

Liver is the food of the gods lol.
I never inherited the offal gene from my mother. My dad wouldn’t even allow it to be eaten in front of him. I can eat liver but it is not a pleasant experience for me however. About a year or so ago I did that carnivore diet and I loved every morsel of liver and kidney I put in my mouth. Chucked that diet and now I can take it or leave it. Weird eh?

Latest ebook:
"Kenneth Jay - Perfecting the Press: How to Maximize Your Performance in the Kettlebell Military Press"
Great book! Only 3€ on kindle. Lot's of details and specific drills, similar to the Victorious course.

Latest equipment
- "Altra Escalante Racer" running shoe for Slow Jogging with the technique I learned from The Lost Art of Running (Shane Benzie). I like them a lot so far (except that I don't like the look of the wide toe box).

And then I bought a 28, a 36 and 40 kg KB. Now I have bells from 8-40 kg in 4 kg increments. All bells from 12 kg either Wolverson Fitness Coloured Cast Iron or Kroon Cast Iron. Well, if only the 28 would be delivered :)
Perfecting the press is a great book! I also like altra’s a lot, once you go to the wide toe box it’s hard to go back.

Having a separate sack in the sack with sand is a good idea.

The reason I asked was as I bought a big sandbag and tried to fill it to an appropriate load which wasn't the full capacity. Turned out it was harder to handle that way than full.

In hindsight I should have filled it with wood pellets or such.

My first bags were lined with a carpet remnant “burrito”, fuzzy side out - cut to length and just a bit over a full circumference. Was a wrestling match to get the filler bags in but worth it. Stiffened it up enough to make it a lot easier to handle in some respects, harder in others. Now I would advise buying a bag in the range you need, get a couple of bags if needed, they’re pretty cheap compared to most fitness equipment.

New 28kg Strongfirst kettlebell just came in the mail today:

So now I have a lovely matching set for my next round of doubles work.

Attachments

• 41DB2667-7070-4245-B74D-FE21304C5A49.jpeg
    41DB2667-7070-4245-B74D-FE21304C5A49.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 30
  • AFF54096-30E2-44C9-8E76-EDCFCAC4C2C6.jpeg
    AFF54096-30E2-44C9-8E76-EDCFCAC4C2C6.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 29
09118F50-B615-45BE-B0A4-1A2EEEF1B1F4.jpeg
Finally a pull up bar at home. Took a bit of searching for one that went a decent height (it goes up to 245cm) and supports my (heavy) weight. My plan is to do RoP including pull ups right after I finish King Sized Killer.

CDA78DA8-4D76-4B5C-9E98-36DACF07D1B2.jpeg
Rings. For no other reason than to do some hanging for shoulder health/mobility. I tried out 3 x 20s hangs. Passive hangs though I didn’t just fully slump down. Definitely tried to just let gravity stretch me out. Will try to do it regularly. Not even thinking about pull-ups etc just yet, not with rings.

View attachment 17422
Rings. For no other reason than to do some hanging for shoulder health/mobility. I tried out 3 x 20s hangs. Passive hangs though I didn’t just fully slump down. Definitely tried to just let gravity stretch me out. Will try to do it regularly. Not even thinking about pull-ups etc just yet, not with rings.
Give dips a go. Sorry in my exuberance I never read that you’re doing hangs before anything else.

Give dips a go. Sorry in my exuberance I never read that you’re doing hangs before anything else.
I’ve never been great at dips, I get golfers elbow pretty quickly and I’m pretty weak at dips in general. Hopefully I can build some strength and try them again

I’ve never been great at dips, I get golfers elbow pretty quickly and I’m pretty weak at dips in general. Hopefully I can build some strength and try them again
Some folk it’s an exercise that just murders them. There’s a knack to them on rings you can rotate your wrists from neutral grip at the start to pronated at the bottom which might help. Great investment all the same and that beam you have them on offers a lot of space. Mine are on a telescopic chin-up bar in my bedroom door frame. Dips and chins and push-ups and rows are all I’m getting away with.

Gigantic 12"x9"x6" foam "yoga blocks" - the perfect tool for full ROM pushups without the dishonor of paralletes.
Where have these been all my life?
Four 25 pound burlap bags full of pinto beans - the perfect sandbag loading granulate without the dishonor of playground sand.
And when the apolcalypse comes, they are survival rations.

Back
Top Bottom