all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
No pics yet, but I found a 5mm thick stainless steel plate that I’m turning into a sled at work. Won’t be pretty but I’m sure it’ll work.

I also realised I didn’t have any 20kg plates, so had to buy a pair, so not exactly as cheap as I thought haha.

Will update with pics when I’m finished

Some folk it’s an exercise that just murders them. There’s a knack to them on rings you can rotate your wrists from neutral grip at the start to pronated at the bottom which might help. Great investment all the same and that beam you have them on offers a lot of space. Mine are on a telescopic chin-up bar in my bedroom door frame. Dips and chins and push-ups and rows are all I’m getting away with.

Compared to bar dips, I find ring dips both more difficult and more ergonomic.

If the bars aren't spaced just right for me, it doesn't feel great, but I can adjust where the rings are located.

My last purchase was this kettlebellsusa 40.

Considering I’m 64 and relatively light, I probably can’t justify the purchase really. Lol. But it purty.

Your picture reminded me of when Pavel said we're not supposed to listen to music when practicing kettlebells. ;)

Do you have a link?

Those look much sturdier than my cheap and wobbly dip bars.
I bought them in a Decathlon store here in Sweden. The brand is "Corength". Here is the US link to The store Decathlon | Best Gear, Clothing and Footwear For All Sports
They are very sturdy and tall, which is good!

I have a pullup-mate (Pull Up Mate™ Portable Pull Up Bar & Dip Station) and when doing dips on it I go in to seizure because of its wobblines. The Corength is seizure-free :D

Your picture reminded me of when Pavel said we're not supposed to listen to music when practicing kettlebells. ;)
I literally sleep with these on. I have tinnitus. Unsure if I still had white noise or music on . Protect your hearing!

However, this pic was taken while just playing around. I never swing/snatch/etc with them; I switch to normal speakers :)

. I can eat liver but it is not a pleasant
you need some spice.
1or2 tablespoon oil of choice (coconut oil infused with home grown canna often is my choice, unless I cook for the family)
brown 1/2 to 1 onion in the oil (well, not bbrown, just before it turns brown)
slice a few large pieces of chilli (large so that you can pull them out when eating...or for you to find and eat easily)
throw in all the spices (chili power, turmeric, everything)
<1min stir-fry
throw in chopped live (about thumb size pieces)
stir fry until cooked to your liking.

on bread, toast, pasta, rice, etc.

Back to topic:
I used my amazing medical aid discount rates and got myself more HRM technology :) I know guys. some of you will hate me more ;) I love your passion.
Polar Grit X watch

I went on holiday to the mountains this past weekend. will share the 'training' results of my hike, trail run, kayak. came back from holiday 100% SMOKED and 200% energized.

Believe it or not I've been hook gripping for deadlifts for 5 years and for weightlifting for 2+ years and have never taped my thumbs. I guess either my thumbs are made for hook grip, or I'm not lifting heavy enough ;)

Good luck at the meet!

Believe it or not I've been hook gripping for deadlifts for 5 years and for weightlifting for 2+ years and have never taped my thumbs. I guess either my thumbs are made for hook grip, or I'm not lifting heavy enough ;)

Good luck at the meet!

Thanks!

And I actually never use tape in training!

But in competition, I've given myself black-and-blue thumbnails because I usually attempt PRs at meets.

E85F02EA-24BE-4E46-8298-6A2FBE850C32.jpeg
It’s a bit “industrial”, but i made it in a steelworks so probably appropriate. 5mm stainless steel recycled from a project, so no rust and no need to paint. Weight plates should be here next week and the harness. Heading into winter
but it should get some use soon.

Back
Top Bottom