all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
My gym is fully equipped. :D

Dragondoor kettlebell pairs (and multiple pairs) from 12kg - 36kg, 40kg & 44kg singles, additional Kettlebell Kings (pairs) and Kettlebells USA singles and pairs.

Dumbbells, barbells, bumper plates, numerous med balls, Ultimate Sandbag and Brute Force sandbags/sandballs, tons of resistance bands, Sorinex rack, TRX, Rings, Elite FTS Blast Straps, Prowler, sleds, Air dyne, adjustable benches (Ironmaster and Sorinex), boxes for box jumps, Sanddune Steppers, BC Strength Glute boxes and Glute Loops, etc.

Elite FTS Deluxe Glute Ham Raise.

But I did just pick up another trap bar and some Lebert Equalizer bars for dips/rows. ;)

MetburnGym.jpg

you need some spice.
1or2 tablespoon oil of choice (coconut oil infused with home grown canna often is my choice, unless I cook for the family)
brown 1/2 to 1 onion in the oil (well, not bbrown, just before it turns brown)
slice a few large pieces of chilli (large so that you can pull them out when eating...or for you to find and eat easily)
throw in all the spices (chili power, turmeric, everything)
<1min stir-fry
throw in chopped live (about thumb size pieces)
stir fry until cooked to your liking.

on bread, toast, pasta, rice, etc.

Back to topic:
I used my amazing medical aid discount rates and got myself more HRM technology :) I know guys. some of you will hate me more ;) I love your passion.
Polar Grit X watch

I went on holiday to the mountains this past weekend. will share the 'training' results of my hike, trail run, kayak. came back from holiday 100% SMOKED and 200% energized.

I eat my liver almost daily, chopped up small flash fry on a skillet 10-15 seconds…then either a little maple syrup or honey and some sprinkled sea salt delicious and nutritious lol

Or I eat it mixed in with ground meat, either cow or bison. I get this ground bison that’s mixed with heart and liver and make burger patties with it.

Recent Book Purchases (I recommend all of these):

Flexible Dieting by Alan Aragon
Deadlift Dynamite by Andy Bolton (new edition)
The Becoming Bulletproof Project by Tim Anderson (another addition to my Original Strength library)
Attempts: Essays on Fitness by Dan John
Ageless Intensity by Pete McCall
Secrets of Successful Program Design by Alwyn Cosgrove
Next-Level Metabolism by Jade Teta
Elite Physique by Chad Waterbury
Pressing Reset for Shoulders (pamphlet style series from Tim Anderson)

These books are okay:

Strength Zone Training by Nick Tumminello
Your Body is Your Gym (actually pretty good for a BW training book)

Oleksey Torokhtiy's "Master Diesel" training program; and a 1-hour session with a real, in the flesh weightlifting coach.

Been focusing on advancing my olympic lifts for the past month or so (partly inspired by @watchnerd and @Anna C ..... thanks!). Not sure how much "better" at them I'm really getting (I still can't call.....whatever it is I do with just the bar... an "overhead squat"...., but it's closer than it was a month ago), but I am definitely getting healthier.

Found a dip station with 500 pound capacity and parallel handles (I hate angled handles in the dip). So that’s ordered off Amazon. Coming from the US apparently.

I got my kiddo a 10mm single prong Inzer "forever belt" (smooth black leather) that I'll be giving him for Christmas. I think he'll like it and it will last him the rest of his training life unless he decides to gain 100lbs.

1. I bought a ticket for the Cape Town Marathon. I said I'd never run >21.2 km, but I'm giving thanks for some blessings this year and decided to push myself foward.

Also, the CT marathon is expected to join the list of "world major marathons" in 2025. I cannot miss this opportunity to be a part of the inaugral race. As a South African, the easiest way for me to get an entry ticket in 2025 is to complete 2 CT marathons before then, I have 3 chances to get the 2 ticks.

2. These are my new running shoes:) manufactured by T-rockets in Cape Town. I've clocked 50km over the past 3 weeks and am thrilled with them!

1662110637288.jpeg

1. I bought a ticket for the Cape Town Marathon. I said I'd never run >21.2 km, but I'm giving thanks for some blessings this year and decided to push myself foward.

Also, the CT marathon is expected to join the list of "world major marathons" in 2025. I cannot miss this opportunity to be a part of the inaugral race. As a South African, the easiest way for me to get an entry ticket in 2025 is to complete 2 CT marathons before then, I have 3 chances to get the 2 ticks.

2. These are my new running shoes:) manufactured by T-rockets in Cape Town. I've clocked 50km over the past 3 weeks and am thrilled with them!

View attachment 18914
No toe box worries when there is no toe box.

Back
Top Bottom