Recipe: Chocolate cake

Marc

Quadruple-Digit Post Count
Hey guys,

this might sound strange at first but it really is a delicacy and pretty healthy, too.

Ingredients:

-1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
(265g net weight)
-2 bananas (~200g; the riper the better)
-2 eggs
-30g ghee or butter or coconut oil / 50g nut butter (peanut, cashew, whatever)
-30g cocoa powder
-sweetener equivalent to 150g sugar or 150g sugar (I use liquid sweetener, ~11g)
-10g baking powder
-vanilla extract
-pinch of salt
-a little milk to soften the consistency, if neede

Mash the chickpeas and banana throughly. Add a little milk to smoothen the "batter" if needed. Add all the other ingredients and mix everything well.
Pour into a baking form and bake for 25-45mins at ~180-200 degrees Celcius.
Baking time is dependent on the baking form used. Small muffin forms take only ~25mins while loafy forms take up to 45mins. Use the toothpick-test.

Last edited:

Marc

I know it sounds kinda weird but it is very tasty (at least for me). Key is to mash the chickpeas and bananas realy fine without any coarse pieces remaining.

Snowman

I just tried it, and give it two thumbs up! It kinda tastes like chocolate banana bread. I used my blender to mix the bananas, beans, and eggs, so the texture was just right. I would have used the blender for everything, but it was just a little too small to fit it all.

Anna C

More than 5000 posts
Elite Certified Instructor
I am going to have to try this... my Vitamix is ready for a new challenge.

ali

on the subject of banana loaf, try this:

Big Win Banana Loaf

....it's from the Olympic triathletes the Brownlee brothers. Have a nose around the website.....recipes by nutrtionists for specific sport or athletic needs. The banana loaf is yummy and very easy to do....actually very yummy, you have been warned.

Geoff Chafe

I am going to have to try this... my Vitamix is ready for a new challenge.
Vitamix is awesome. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to pay that much for a blender. My wife bought me one a few years ago. If you want a rock and nail shake it’s the tool for the job.

Last edited:

Marc

Thank you guys!
Here is an update: I experimented with adding 30g whey protein powder (vanilla) to the recipe above and it really helped with the consistency.

Top Bottom