Recipes?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Ryan T, May 19, 2018.

?

Interested in a recipe section?

1. Interested

85.7%
  2. Not Interested

14.3%
  1. Ryan T

Ryan T More than 500 posts

Any interest in starting a recipe sub-section?

We can share our favorite meals/snacks/foods whether it's for specific purposes such as performance, pre/post training, plant-based, keto etc, things we plain enjoy or both (just some basic examples, I'm not suggesting that this is the list). It can be as basic or detailed as you want even with marcos and calories, but if you don't have that info no biggie either. Pictures would be awesome too!

If we had a subforum, I suggest that the organization would be a sticky/README with general guidelines for posting and a list of the logical tags to use that is always open for addition suggestions. I think it's important to use the same ones so when folks see the README they have an idea of how to search out recipes.

You can start own threads for your foods/meals/snack (name them something fun or whatever) and continue to add to your own thread for more of your own meals. Tag them with whatever tags seem most appropriate from the README. Replies to your threads would focus specifically on the meal(s) on the thread. Folks to could also make requests for meals for a particular purpose, focus etc... Again, I think tagging is most important.

If it seems worthwhile, please select interested and respond to this thread with your ideas on a set of tags we could start out with.

Cheers.

2. Oscar

Oscar Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I'm a rebel, so I'll just share one of my favorites recipes regardless of the poll result: orange juice, 2 bananas and a whole bunch of spinach smoothie.

Adam R Mundorf likes this.
  3. Ryan T

+1 I think SF encourages rebels...

offwidth likes this.
  4. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I am in!

Ryan T likes this.
  5. Abdul-Rasheed

Abdul-Rasheed Quadruple-Digit Post Count

My default smoothie template: one (or two) type(s) of fruit(s) (frozen or fresh). two kinds of leafy greens. almond milk.

Ryan T likes this.
  6. Anna C

Anna C More than 5000 posts Elite Certified Instructor

Me too, but I use regular milk these days (used to use Almond milk) and I add a scoop of whey powder for 20g protein.

Ryan T likes this.
  7. Abdul-Rasheed

I used to too. Now i take my protein powder mixed with kefir as separate drink. As for smoothie optionally throw in an avocado. No matter what it always comes out nice. :)

8. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Half cup of rolled oats, 2 scoops of protein powder (30 g protein), and 24 oz water is a meal replacement for me, along with a piece of fruit like a banana or 2 clementines.

9. Oscar

Oscar Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I'm gonna try it with almond milk instead of orange juice. It should be good, but I wonder if it will lack sweetness. Do you add honey or something?

The almond milk you make it yourself?

10. Abdul-Rasheed

No, I don't add honey or any sweeteners. Fruit is the sweetener right. If you need more sweet, add more fruits. For me I can handle it without any fruits. Milk, avocados, protein powder etc. takes the bitter edge for me.
    No. Store-bought. Unsweetened.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  11. Abdul-Rasheed

I will try this (or something similar) as a post-training drink. Been meaning to add carbs in the form of oats.

Michael Scott likes this.
  12. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Triple-Digit Post Count

To curb the desserts & sweet tooth I like to make a cup of steel cut oats, peanut butter and sliced bananas. Just enough sweet and keeps me full.

I've also started getting into Skyr (icelandic yogurt) with some raspberries or strawberries as a sweet snack.

Simple 2-3 ingredient recipes do it for me.

13. North Coast Miller

North Coast Miller More than 2500 posts

Weight gainer shake, approx 700 calories 50g protein:
    1/2 cup powdered milk
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/8 cup honey
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup walnuts
    10oz milk
    fruit or flavor

-------------------------------------

Power bread:
    dry yeast pack
    3Tbsp olive oil
    1.5 tsp sea salt
    3 cups whole wheat flour
    1 cup nutritional yeast
    1 1/8 cup water

Proof the yeast for 15 minutes, spoon remaining ingredients together, let rest 45 minutes
    knead for 15 minutes, let rise for 1 hour
    knead for 2 minutes, let rise in pan until it doubles in size (usually 30 minutes)
    bake 35 minutes at 325°

126 grams protein/loaf, approx 10-12 grams/slice, 2 slices per serving

14. Ryan T

Thanks for all the responses on this thread! Would anyone like to move their responses to some threads in this sub forum?

15. augustinewilliam

augustinewilliam Still New to StrongFirst Forum

COOK OUR AUTHENTIC CRISPY SISIG RECIPE
    This sizzling Filipino specialty is loaded with flavor and cooked to perfection so that each mouthful has that delightfully crispy bite that the whole family craves. A street food favorite in the Philippines, this aromatic recipe will have the senses working overtime and the mealtime memories flooding back.

16. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Forum Administrator Senior Certified Instructor

Sisig - Wikipedia

17. frederickk

frederickk Double-Digit Post Count

Oh, sisig! I've been wanting to try that since I saw it from a Bourdain show years ago. Don't know places near me that offer it though, but doing it on my own could work.