all posts post new thread

Barbell Recommended books

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi What yours opinions on books
From Mark Rippetoe or Dan John and so ?

Of course I read Tsatsouline(PTTP,S&S,etc...)

Which books from Dan John repertoar you are recommended in general ?

I also read tons of stuff from Janda to Paul chek etc...but I have just Easy Strenght from Dan John....I think about Dan John Mass made Simple...
Thanks for all

If your goal extends to hypertrophy then I would certainly recommend Brawn and the science sections of Body By Science (although I don't subscribe to the recommended workout style of that book)

Thank s and when I want book For pracitcal strenght programming which book from Dan John is best ?
Besides Easy strenght...
Thanks

All of Dan John's stuff is great, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Never Let Go and Before You Go are collections of articles. There's no particular theme to them, but there's some neat ideas in them. You have to pick through them to find what you want to use, and you can't use all of it at the same time.

Intervention, Can You Go, and Now What are a trilogy that outline a training philosophy. Intervention is a perfectly reasonable place to start, but if you want a complete picture, reading all three will help.

40 Years With a Whistle is autobiography and training philosophy.

Mass Made Simple is what it says on the tin. If you want to bulk up, it will tell you how to. If you don't, it's not a great choice.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom