all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Recon Ron Program Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Stefano

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello! I hope everyone spent a good Christmas!

I have a question about my training plan. It’s almost 6 weeks i’m following the Recon Ron Template with these exercises:

Pull Ups
Dips
Diamond Push Ups

The goal is to gain strength with basic exercises before attempting weighted/harder variations...so I want to reach 20 pull ups, 25/30 Dips and Diamond Push Ups before adding weight (10kg) and begin again the same template, because I really really like the program!

Now my question: the program calls for 5 sets of BW exercises pyramiding down from the hardest set (for example this week was 9/7/6/5/5 reps), repeated for 6 days with 1 day of rest....i’m Not totally happy about my reps this week, I feel i’m Not owning the hardest set...so, is it wise to repeat again the week before adding reps or should I advance to next week, considering I’ve always completed all sets and reps?

Thanks a lot!!

How do you feel using this programme and completing these reps for 3 movements (was it not written for just pullups)?

Not picking holes just wondering if not owning the hardest set and maybe also making faster progress might happen if you drop a movement e.g. drop dips and just do one push/pull movement .... or just do it for pullups.

Richard

Hello,

@Stefano
How is you recovery ? Indeed, maybe this is a simple matter of training volume.

Dips, push ups, pull ups: I would cut off the dips - at least at the beginning - to get a simple push / pull training.

Besides, pyramid training everyday may be tough. Did you try something like 2 days on, 1 day off ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thanks a lot @Ricky01 and @pet' for your replies!

I think my recovery is on point...I never feel soreness or tired before a workout

I chose 3 exercises because I wanted to gain upper body strength, always my weak point, and overall because I really love these 3 movements!

Maybe I was a little bit dramatic in my previous explanation: I know Recon Ron was written only for Pull Ups but i’m feeling really well training all the 3 movements at the same time...above all i’ve Never failed a rep!

Perhaps my question was about prudence and long term goals, instead of advancing faster and stalling sooner...this is why I asked if it’s wise to take 2 weeks to complete a step instead of only 1

Hello,

@Stefano
Sooner or later, yes one stalls, this is normal. Basically, if one starts "from scratch", which is not your case, one stalls later.

I think your approach is wise (2 weeks instead of 1) because it will build you a stronger base.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom