all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Recurrent lateral epicondylitis(not asking medical advice)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SubDoc475

Level 4 Valued Member
I am on a enforced break from S&S due to a recurrent elbow issue.

I had been having great results from S&S in terms of conditioning, pared off a bit of active duty retirement around my waist (34" back to 32") and was working into 1 hand swings with the 32.

Perhaps too much too soon and almost certainly after the 1st twinge driving on for 6 weeks was not smart. Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there a replacement exercise that would allow me to develop and express power using the S&S protocol while my elbow heals?

Thanks

@SubDoc475, a few words for you.

When injured and in pain, seek medical advice - you want to know things like, e.g., if you've just got a garden variety overuse injury or you've actually done some damage that might require a medical intervention like physical therapy, surgery, etc.

Do what you can in your current condition, e.g., if two-handed swings are OK, do those, but if all you can do is walk and do bodyweight squats, then walk and do bodyweight squats. If you can't do getups but can do windmills or bent presses, learn those and use them instead.

Fitness lost will be regained in much less time than it took to first acquire, provided, of course, that you let yourself heal completely from your injuries.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom