all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Red Bull Forehead Getup

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kiacek

Level 8 Valued Member
Interesting! I'd expect it to be pretty hard. I'm a fan of shoe getups so that looks like something I could enjoy. I'll have to try it out, for novelty if for nothing else.

Video please...:)

I'll try to remember to have a video taken if I get to doing a complete one. Although I'm not sure if you'd enjoy a video of my first try more than the last one.

I practiced a bit and it's not easy. Some points are, and some points not, and unusually so. Like I got down on my butt pretty comfortably but it was hard to get down on my back, which is the easiest part of the regular getup.

I don't drink Red Bull or such so I went for the first or only option I had and used a recently emptied beer can. I'm not about to use an unopened one! But I'm not sure how the weight of the can influences the trick. Maybe I'll fill the can with sand and tape it shut or something.

I'll play too...

First pass:
-lost it trying to get to my back

Second Pass:
-lost it trying to get off my back

(I'm using a full can because it seems easier... unless it falls and hits the ground hard, in which case I'll wish I had the foresight @Antti didROFL)

Pretty awesome you almost nailed it first try @offwidth !

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom