all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Reference for H-L-H-L?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Neuro-Bob

Level 10 Valued Member
Hola forum,

In my mind there’s a training scheme by Zatsiorsky that is Heavy - Light - Heavy - Light - Heavy - Light in reference to his quote “train as heavy as possible, as often as possible, as fresh as possible.”

Does anyone have a reference where a HLHLHL would be discussed? I seem to have misplaced my link.

If I’ve just totally made something up and no such reference exists, please feel free to engage sarcasm to 100%…..

There's some talk of this the uncoupling of intensity and volume (and Zatsiorsky) in Beyond Bodybuilding.

Dan John had an article years ago about Hi-Hi workouts (I think originally it was a t-mag article but I can't find it now - I'm sure it's in his book of collected articles "Never Let Go") - it's probably not what you're thinking of, but I'll try to find it later.

Geoff Neupert has an article floating around called Metabolic Contrast Training that touches on this. Or maybe Strength Secrets? I'm pretty sure MCT talks about it, but maybe they both do.

Hola forum,

In my mind there’s a training scheme by Zatsiorsky that is Heavy - Light - Heavy - Light - Heavy - Light in reference to his quote “train as heavy as possible, as often as possible, as fresh as possible.”

Does anyone have a reference where a HLHLHL would be discussed? I seem to have misplaced my link.

If I’ve just totally made something up and no such reference exists, please feel free to engage sarcasm to 100%…..
There is a section in PTTP Professioal that discusses something similar. Although it isn't Zatsiorsky's program that goes HLHL it is Rogozhnikov's. And his goes something like HLMHL.
It is under the "WPC Russia, How do they train?" section.

Hola forum,

I think Robert Roman used a HMH MHM schedule.

Other than that I don't recall anything from Pavel.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I’ve got some names to peek into, and it sounds like it’s possible that I made this up while skimming some random article somewhere.

I even went into my browser history from when I’m sure I got the idea and couldn’t produce anything!

TheRe is a Heavy and Light System from the old school "York Barbell and Dumbbell System". The old red book by Bob Hoffman. I think it was written around WW2 time period.

I have a copy in my office. If you want me to take a picture of that section, let me know. Else you can probably find it on the internet, it has been around for a century.

Regards,

Eric

I am no expert in Pavel’s studies but he is the person who convinced me about periodization and waiving. So I am a bit surprised to hear ffrom more experienced people that Pavel does not emphasize the waving. I think he does in many of his works.

I might be mis understanding the comments or the concept.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom