all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Repeat twice" meaning in this program

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
I have a question regarding this StrongFirst plan and the way it is framed:

Session A: (2,4,6) 10 RM weight
Session B: (2,4,6) 4 kg lighter

Louka says to repeat this A/B sequence twice while the visual says "2x". From a German perspective, this information is different:
  • "2x" would mean for me to do it twice overall
  • "Repeat twice" would mean for me to do it three times overall.
So, does each step consist of 4 sessions or 6 sessions? I understand it as 4 sessions per step.

Maybe some native speakers could clarify. Thanks!

From a German perspective, this information is different:
  • "2x" would mean for me to do it twice overall
  • "Repeat twice" would mean for me to do it three times overall.
So, does each step consist of 4 sessions or 6 sessions? I understand it as 4 sessions per step.

Maybe some native speakers could clarify. Thanks!

While there is the same ambiguity in English, I think the intended meaning is clearly to DO the sequence two times.

I am a secondary school English teacher in the US, and I wish my students paid this much attention to semantic precision.

While there is the same ambiguity in English, I think the intended meaning is clearly to DO the sequence two times.

I am a secondary school English teacher in the US, and I wish my students paid this much attention to semantic precision.
Thank you, Steve!

I'm pretty sure you can try and contact Louka for the answer but I'd go with what Mark said if I was to make an educated guess.

I just think that when he said repeat twice it was a "tongue slip" and he just meant to do the A/B twice. I understand it as 4 sessions before adding a ladder.

That is weird, I thought he meant the normal day and the light day when he said that. Then I wondered why the program only had 8 sessions in it and guessed that I was only suppose to run it twice a week to make it last for 4 weeks.

That is weird, I thought he meant the normal day and the light day when he said that. Then I wondered why the program only had 8 sessions in it and guessed that I was only suppose to run it twice a week to make it last for 4 weeks.
I understand it as a 16 session program. 4 sessions (A/B/A/B) of 2 ladders, 4 of 3, 4 of 4 and then 4 of 5.

Back
Top Bottom