all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

It's kind of cool when the Beast becomes your main training weigh and you are "lifting heavy, not hard". If somebody told me few years ago, I would not believe it. But well, it took few years to get here.
I do recall you saying in your log something like "I didn't come this far to only come this far." Your persistence and patience really are inspiring. Thanks for making your journey public and teaching some good philosophy along the way.

I do recall you saying in your log something like "I didn't come this far to only come this far." Your persistence and patience really are inspiring. Thanks for making your journey public and teaching some good philosophy along the way.

Thank you for your kind words.

If something is really worth it, you just don't simply give up.

Last edited:
Yes I totally agree - 45s is doable but to get to the actual 30s it is REALLY tough! Am able to get to 3 min on the 30s as of now and slowly chipping away at it! Thanks Pavel!

I would say on average 7-8 of 10. I did the timed standard many times - and I have to say, 15 secs is a difference.

Hello @Pavel Macek

I do not know if you remember, but as I wanted to increase my press while not losing neither my "beyond Simple" (36kg GU and 40kg swings) nor my GPP, you told me to scale back S&S to 2 sessions a week and running RoP.

I do admit that this drastically helped my S&S because these sessions feel both stronger and more powerful (especially for the get up). So for that I thank you very much !

Most of the time, I can read on the forum that S&S and RoP, if done at the same time are likely to be too much. So I modified the reps / sets for the C&P. I do 20 sets of 2 reps @24kg, 3 times a week. Therefore, the weekly volume remains important, but I do not use the light / medium / heavy frame. In my mind, this permits me to get a linear effort and a linear recovery.

Do you think this is still worthy ?

If not, do you think that relying only on S&S would eventually lead me to my "grail" of 1/2 press (I weigh 63-64kg) after a while ? In this case, I guess I'd have to wave volume and intensity (for both GU and swings) from day to day ?

Thanks again a lot for your time and experience !

Kind regards,

Pet'

S&S and ROP together is not too much - if you are clear which is which: main program vs. maintenance program.

As for your C&P, I would still prefer higher volume, higher reps (at least triples), and some for of waving the load. The original ROP is hard to beat.

If you will not practice the press, S&S only will likely not lead to 1/2 BW press.

Hello @Pavel Macek,

Im currently running S&s, I'm on my 3rd week of adding 4 sets of S+ (32kg) swings and getups in my practice. My S and G weight is 24kg. I've decided to add 5 sets of single C&P of my S+ which in the past I was not able to do consistently. I was delightfully surprised when I was able to C&P my S+ for singles.

What I want to know is, if these C&P singles will be enough to atleast get me to 36kg best case is 40kg (half bodyweight press) or do I need to add more volume?

I practice 5 times a week since quarantine if giving me time to practice.

Thank you!

Hello @Pavel Macek

In one your articles (Solid: In-Between Simple & Sinister | StrongFirst), in the "Solid: In-Between Simple & Sinister Transfer, or the WTH Effect" section, as far as kettlebells go, you mention a "Half-bodyweight+ military press".

So does that mean that you trained for it prior to S&S, and that S&S maintained it (provided you also do the actual lift here and there) ?

Thanks ! :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

This is impressive ! (as always !)

I can press 28 twice, but 32 (basically my 1/2 bdw) not even once. Considering this, would GTG with the 28 be enough ? That way I could get my main routine (S&S) fairly simple and straightforward

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

This is impressive ! (as always !)

I can press 28 twice, but 32 (basically my 1/2 bdw) not even once. Considering this, would GTG with the 28 be enough ? That way I could get my main routine (S&S) fairly simple and straightforward

Kind regards,

Pet'

Pet', if you want to improve your press, build a firm foundation with ROP. 24 would be the right weight. After that, test, and ping me a message here, and I will send you a follow-up program for 28.

Hello,

But is it possible to run 2 RoP cycles, almost back to back ?

Indeed, right before the lockdown in France (47 days ago), I ran RoP. This is what lead me from a poor 24kg 1RM (do not laugh, I am not a huge OVH guy, but I'm on it) to a 28 2RM.

Since the lockdown, I run at least Simple, but mostly my "Beyond" (36 for GU and 40 for swings)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

But is it possible to run 2 RoP cycles, almost back to back ?

Indeed, right before the lockdown in France (47 days ago), I ran RoP. This is what lead me from a poor 24kg 1RM (do not laugh, I am not a huge OVH guy, but I'm on it) to a 28 2RM.

Since the lockdown, I run at least Simple, but mostly my "Beyond" (36 for GU and 40 for swings)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Pet', it depends. Grab a 7-8RM weight and start pressing. The mistake people usually do is that they take too heavy weight. What to do next depends on the results after the full and successful ROP cycle and tests.

Today's practice: Timeless Sinister
  • Goblet squats: 5x3 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10x10 with 48 kg, 100 swings total
  • Get-ups: 1x10 with 48 kg, 10 get-ups total.
I have done "Timeless" Sinister already numerous times - but never two times in the row. This is my third "Timeless" Sinister in a row this week. Feels pretty good.

Finally released - enjoy.

I knew it will be successful - but I didn't imagine it will be so successful. The sales in last 24 hours are simply through the roof.

Thank you for your interest - it will help us to cover the costs with the 2 closed gyms.

I sincerely hope you will find the program useful - well, it is what I do, daily.

Hello,

Assuming Cov-19 is disturbing our general life (training, etc...), when everything goes fine, what roughly is your routine (alongside S&S 3x a week) ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Back
Top Bottom