all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Hello,

Assuming Cov-19 is disturbing our general life (training, etc...), when everything goes fine, what roughly is your routine (alongside S&S 3x a week) ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Well, due to the Covid-19, I am working more than ever - writing, shooting and editing video, managing lots of stuff.

Generally, my routine is basically same for a long time:

- Morning recharge, daily - last few months GGP
- S&S - 3x/week
- 2x/week easy review of other skills + StrongFirst RESILIENT
- experiments with dumbbells and kettlebells - they are parked in my kitchen if I need to test some idea
- martial arts training - "hard" and "soft" techniques and sets, basically daily, but easy training
- 2 days off

Hello @Pavel Macek,

Do you feel going “beyond simple” is more or less beneficial for your martial art practice?

I ask because so far simple and sinister has had tons of cross over in to my martial art practice. I plan to go beyond simple once the lockdown is totally lifted and I have access to heavier kettlebells again. I am just wondering if the specificity of going towards sinister takes away from other practices.

Thank you

Hello @Pavel Macek,

Do you feel going “beyond simple” is more or less beneficial for your martial art practice?

I ask because so far simple and sinister has had tons of cross over in to my martial art practice. I plan to go beyond simple once the lockdown is totally lifted and I have access to heavier kettlebells again. I am just wondering if the specificity of going towards sinister takes away from other practices.

Thank you

Well, I am still getting stronger - and that is not a disadvantage. I just had to gradually reduce the number of S&S training days - from daily practice to 4x/week to currently 3x/week. I can recover very well.,

Today's practice: Timeless Sinister
  • Goblet squats: 5x3 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10x10 with 48 kg, 100 swings total
  • Get-ups: 1x10 with 48 kg, 10 get-ups total.

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
By the way, I'd have a question:
Beyond your strength gains, have your physique changed a lot between Simple, then Solid, then Sinister ?

Before, I weighed about 57-58kg and now about 62-63kg. This gain is almost exclusively muscle (which was my goal, thanks to strength training). Super far from you regarding S&S (36 for GU and 40 for swings), I am still ultra flat-and-ab-chested eheh (kind of Sean O'Malley's physique)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
By the way, I'd have a question:
Beyond your strength gains, have your physique changed a lot between Simple, then Solid, then Sinister ?

Before, I weighed about 57-58kg and now about 62-63kg. This gain is almost exclusively muscle (which was my goal, thanks to strength training). Super far from you regarding S&S (36 for GU and 40 for swings), I am still ultra flat-and-ab-chested eheh (kind of Sean O'Malley's physique)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Not really - I would say that I had more significant changes when I was doing snatches & bent presses. Generally, I have more or less the same weight, body composition and physique for years. I am just way stronger than years ago.

Back
Top Bottom