all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice: Timeless Sinister
  • Goblet squats: 5x3 with 48 kg, 15 squats total
  • One-arm swings: 10x10 with 48 kg, 100 swings total
  • Get-ups: 1x10 with 48 kg, 10 get-ups total.

This week's practice: Random act of variety

After few relatively heavy weeks, I am taking a week off - "just" random act of variety, some lifting research, correctives, bodyweight skills, stretching... the maintenance stuff.

Today's picture

In regards to coffee, I always say "black as death and twice as strong". No coffee condiments for me.

Today's practice: Timeless "Solid"
  • Goblet squats: 5x3 with 40 kg, 15 squats total
  • Two-arm swings: 10x10 with 40 kg, 100 swings total
  • Get-ups: 1x10 with 40 kg, 10 get-ups total.
It was an easy and pleasant re-entry session after a week of "random act of variety" and active rest. I was surprised how much explosive force I can generate with two arm swings - although it felt way easier then one-arm swings with 48 kg, I already feel that I will be way sorer tomorrow. I will incorporate them into my regular S&S sessions and the main training weight.

I did today's session after 3 days fast. Refeeding was mainly fat + protein, so still in ketosis, running on fat. I will keep the keto diet for a while - not that I need to lose fat, but I really like how my brain works - sharp as a razor.

I have also purchased Grammarly and installed the plugin, so I hope my posts (and other writing) will have at least a little better English.

Last edited:
Today's practice: Timeless 48 kg
  • Two-arm swings: 10x10 with 48 kg, 100 swings total
As predicted, my legs (especially inner thigs) are pretty sore from the two-hand swings. They do load the body quite differently. As I need to get used to them, I did them today and will do them again on Friday. Next week - one-arm and two-arm swings. I have an idea.

Today's practice: Timeless 48 kg
  • Two-arm swings: 10x10 with 48 kg, 100 swings total
As predicted, my legs (especially inner thigs) are pretty sore from the two-hand swings. They do load the body quite differently. As I need to get used to them, I did them today and will do them again on Friday. Next week - one-arm and two-arm swings. I have an idea.
I actually get more out of the 2 hand swings than 1 hand swings. I find I can just blast through and create much more total body tension , from my neck to my toes, without fear of launching a bell through my garage walls. Great work!

I actually get more out of the 2 hand swings than 1 hand swings. I find I can just blast through and create much more total body tension , from my neck to my toes, without fear of launching a bell through my garage walls. Great work!

There is no doubt the explosive power is higher in two-hand swings, but I would not say "I get more" out of two-arm swings then one-arm swings: both have their advantages. Check out what Pavel writes in S&S - and I confirm from my own practice. I would personally say that the recipe is mainly one-arm swings with occasional two-arm swings, or alternating. Observation - in my gym, too many people stay with just two-arm swings for too long - if they want to do cleans and snatches in the future (they want), the one-arm swing is a must.

There is no doubt the explosive power is higher in two-hand swings, but I would not say "I get more" out of two-arm swings then one-arm swings: both have their advantages. Check out what Pavel writes in S&S - and I confirm from my own practice. I would personally say that the recipe is mainly one-arm swings with occasional two-arm swings, or alternating. Observation - in my gym, too many people stay with just two-arm swings for too long - if they want to do cleans and snatches in the future (they want), the one-arm swing is a must.
I'll usually do two hand swings once/twice a week, using a band for extra tension. I'll do 15-20 rounds of five as in A&A training, just to really work on being a bit more explosive coming out of the hinge. Another than that I will do 1 hand swings for 10.

Today's practice: Towards the Timed "Sinister"
  • Goblet squats: 48-56-48; 3 sets of 5, 15 squats total
  • Two-arm swings: 48-48-56-48-48; 10 sets of 10, 100 swings total.
  • Get-ups: 48-48-48-48-48; 10 sets of 1, 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)
I love the strength work, I avoid the glycolytic training - but I do need some glycolytic training, i.e. peaking. The plan for the next few weeks:

- Keeping the frequency 3x/week - with these weights, I know I can recover.
- Building a "strength reserve" in swings
- Getting used to some glycolytic work
- Monday sessions: Two-arm swings with 48 and 56, get-ups with 48
- Wednesday sessions: One-arm swings with 48 and 56, get-ups with 48
- Friday sessions: One-arm swings and get-ups with 40 - cutting the rest periods down

If it looks like S&S 2.0, it is.

Oh, and after my last 3 days fast, I wanna stay in ketosis. My brain is on fire during the day, and my sleep and recovery are excellent as well.⁣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom